Campground Review Humor

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RLM, Aug 14, 2007.

1. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Since I’ve been on the road traveling a lot lately, I’ve been using review sites more often. Some review comments are good then there are the others (shown in quotes with my take on them after):

1- "There was nothing for the kids to do." -- It’s not an amusement park. It’s
    outdoor camping. There's more to it than gameboys.
    2- “Lotsa shade trees but they were too close to put my awning out or get
    satellite signals.” -- So you want to have your cake and eat it too?
    3- “It was hard to get the RV into the site.” -- You’re one of those who couldn’t
    park a Volkswagen in a football field, aren’t you?
    4- “The Wi-Fi signals didn’t reach my campsite.” -- It’s free so try moving
    your rear end closer.
    5- “People were making too much noise.” --You’re in an RV subdivision on the
    weekend. What did you expect?
    6- “There weren’t any hook ups and the sites weren’t big, but we loved this
    place and rate it highly.” --You camped in a tent, didn’t you?
    7- “Tree branches and acorns fell on the roof.” -- Trees are dumb. That’s what they are
    supposed to do.
    8- "There were lots of insects.” -- They were camping outdoors long before you
    were, you know.
    9- "The street lights were too bright.” --You too were in RV subdivision, yes?
    10- “The sites were too close together and the sites needed attention, but the pool
    was nice.” -- I love your campground standards.
    11- “I arrived early but the campground was full.” -- Really? Check in
    wasn’t for another 3 hours, but you expected me to leave early? I bet you left the
    previous campground at 5 am in the morning and woke everyone else up doing so.
    12- “There were lots of things to do.” --Like what? I’m not a mind reader.
    13- “The Park Ranger was not nice.” --Maybe it’s because your campfire started
    a forest fire during a burn ban.
    14- “Check in was slow.” --You're a weekender who got there on a Friday
    afternoon right before a major holiday, aren’t you?
    15- “The kids enjoyed the hay ride in a wagon.” --Was that the one that went by
    my site at 7 am with a bunch screaming and hollering kids?
    16- “We didn’t like the gravel roads and grass sites.” --You need to make
    friends with the subdivision campers.
    18- “The Campground Hosts weren’t very nice.” --That’s probably because they
    had just finished cleaning a bathhouse trashed out by a bunch of campers
    who also don’t know how to use a flush toilet.
    19- "The campground didn't furnish trash bags." -- Never been to Wal-Mart, have you?
    20- "The bath house wasn't clean." -- I bet you only used it once and that was right after 20
    other campers did.
    21- "The owners were nice." -- I'm delighted for you, but how was the campground?

And lastly....

22- "We'll never go back to that place." -- The insects are going to be very lonely.

It’s humor folks, so please don’t send me any nasty grams if you can't laugh at it.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ha Ha Ha Ha Very funny, but I don't know whether to feel slighted or lucky that I did not see any of my review comments being quoted.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Very good information Rick and right on the money. I need to print this and hand it out to all the people who complain all the time in campgrounds. People need to understand you are not at home now. Life on the road is great to me! If you are unhappy, check and see if your tires are ready to roll and do so. :p

4. dmsscs

dmsscs
    Expand Collapse

You missed one, we were parked next to a pop-up he had a small refrigerator, on top of it was a microwave oven, on top of that was a toaster oven and next to that a coffee maker, he had a small table with an electric frying pan cooking bacon, his pop-up was also plugged in, he got mad because the breaker kept popping. He was using so much juice he'd have blown a breaker at home. But could not understand the maintenance guys explanation that just because you got a power strip with five outlets, you can't use them all at once on a 20 amp breaker. This week we were at a park that had a uni-sex shower. The door to it was next to a big grey door that was always locked. The lady two sites over from us complained the shower was always locked, the guy came and showed he whih door was the shower, she insisted that she used the other door just yesterday for her shower, he said no she didn't, she insisted she did, he told her she couldn't have because it was an electrcal room, she actually said, "well is wasn't yesterday because I took a shower in there" He finally pulled out his set of keys and opened the door to show her that it was actually an electrical room, she didn't attempt to apologize she just looked in and walked away. My husband and I got a good chuckle out of that one, we wondered if she'd be trying to shower in that room again tomorrow. :lol: QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 14 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]7970[/snapback]

Since I’ve been on the road traveling a lot lately, I’ve been using review sites more often. Some review comments are good then there are the others (shown in quotes with my take on them after):

1- "There was nothing for the kids to do." -- It’s not an amusement park. It’s
    outdoor camping. There's more to it than gameboys.
    2- “Lotsa shade trees but they were too close to put my awning out or get
    satellite signals.” -- So you want to have your cake and eat it too?
    3- “It was hard to get the RV into the site.” -- You’re one of those who couldn’t
    4- “The Wi-Fi signals didn’t reach my campsite.” -- It’s free so try moving
    your rear end closer.
    5- “People were making too much noise.” --You’re in an RV subdivision on the
    weekend. What did you expect?
    6- “There weren’t any hook ups and the sites weren’t big, but we loved this
    place and rate it highly.” --You camped in a tent, didn’t you?
    7- “Tree branches and acorns fell on the roof.” -- Trees are dumb. That’s what they are
    supposed to do.
    8- "There were lots of insects.” -- They were camping outdoors long before you
    were, you know.
    9- "The street lights were too bright.” --You too were in RV subdivision, yes?
    10- “The sites were too close together and the sites needed attention, but the pool
    was nice.” -- I love your campground standards.
    11- “I arrived early but the campground was full.” -- Really? Check in
    wasn’t for another 3 hours, but you expected me to leave early? I bet you left the
    previous campground at 5 am in the morning and woke everyone else up doing so.
    12- “There were lots of things to do.” --Like what? I’m not a mind reader.
    13- “The Park Ranger was not nice.” --Maybe it’s because your campfire started
    a forest fire during a burn ban.
    14- “Check in was slow.” --You're a weekender who got there on a Friday
    afternoon right before a major holiday, aren’t you?
    16- “We didn’t like the gravel roads and grass sites.” --You need to make
    friends with the subdivision campers.
    18- “The Campground Hosts weren’t very nice.” --That’s probably because they
    had just finished cleaning a bathhouse trashed out by a bunch of campers
    who also don’t know how to use a flush toilet.
    19- "The campground didn't furnish trash bags." -- Never been to Wal-Mart, have you?
    20- "The bath house wasn't clean." -- I bet you only used it once and that was right after 20
    other campers did.
    21- "The owners were nice." -- I'm delighted for you, but how was the campground?

And lastly....

22- "We'll never go back to that place." -- The insects are going to be very lonely.

It’s humor folks, so please don’t send me any nasty grams if you can't laugh at it.

5. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

"You’re in an RV subdivision on the weekend. What did you expect?"

You said it I didn't. :D

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 14 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]7970[/snapback]

Um........ I travel solo. If I have difficulty getting into a campsite, I will comment on that. Folks probably expect that "set up" should take X minutes, and if you have to spend a good deal of time trying to put a golf ball through a narrow hose, well, I will comment on that.

I posted one review where I had difficulty getting into the sewer dump place at a state park because it was a very tight left turn with less than a 90 degree angle. So, I commented!

Rest of it was pretty funny, though.

JJ

7. pamela1988

pamela1988
    Expand Collapse

its funny but i like qoute u said it yourself about the hay ride !!!! right !!!

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

DXSMac> As per my last line of it, the post wasn't intended for anything but humor. That particular line came from having watched a 5th wheel make 17 attempts to get into a wide site that only had a 45 degree turn. Even my 9 yr old grandkid found that amusing.

Golf ball thru a hose. Now that's funny.