Campgrounds and Fishing

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Tissy, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Tissy

Tissy
    Expand Collapse

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad to find this forum. Most of the questions that I have about camping revolve around campground information.

My husband and I pretty much involve fishing with most of our camping trips. We both love to trout fish, but just about any ole fishing will do. :D
    Since we don't pull our boat with us, we like to camp where there is either bank or pier fishing at the campground or at least nearby. We are from South Mississippi and so during the school year our camping is pretty much limited to close by - but during the summer we love to travel to places with good trout fishing.

Can anyone name some good campgrounds is S. Louisiana, S. Alabama, or Florida Panhandle with good bank or pier fishing?

Thanks,
    Tissy

2. seabirdrv

seabirdrv
    Expand Collapse

Hi Tissy. My husband is a die hard fly fisherman. I know you mentioned a few states that you were interested in visiting. I just wanted to let you know about some incredible fishing here on the south west coast of Oregon. Our RV Park is right in the middle of some of the best fishing you will ever experience and you don't need a boat to do it in.

We are located in the middle of the wild river coast region of Oregon. The Chetco river is within walking distance to our RV park. Some record Steel Head, Chinook and Brown Trout are being pulled from the river this season.

The Winchuck, Pistol and Rogue Rivers are all within a 30 mile drive to us. All of these rivers are famous for the salmon that routinely run here.

Hope you come visit us.

Sheila Sparlin
    Owner, Sea Bird RV Park.