Campgrounds in Bluffton SC

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by John S., Jan 22, 2006.

1. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Hi All,

Does anyone know a nice campground in Bluffton SC we have faimly moving there in a few months. I know Hilton Head is close by and has nice CG but we would like to stay away from the traffic and just visit.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

John,

I do not think you will find anything at Bluffton (very small town). Your best bet would be Out Door Resort on Hilton Head. Next place would be down in Savannah with a lot of traffic, not good. :(

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I agree with John Blue: There are no good places in or near Bluffton. Your best best would be to stay at Outdoor RV Resort and Yacht Club. It is closest to Bluffton. There are two "Outdoor Resorts: in Hilton Head. One is Outdoor Resorts of America and the other is Outdoor RV Resort and Yacht Club. For big rigs, especially if you want good satellite reception, we think the Outdoor RV Resort and Yacht Club is the superior one.

4. Sal_Workamper

Sal_Workamper
    Expand Collapse

There are 2 campgrounds about 5 minutes north of Bluffton at Point South (on I-95)...

Point South KOA has cable tv, pool, hot tub, laundry, propane, general store and free wifi. The bathroom facilities are not new but are clean. You should be able to get either daily, weekly or monthly rates this time of year.

The other one (can't recall the name) is right alongside of Point South KOA and as I recall, was kind of trashy with quite a few permanents, litter and rundown rigs.

If you go about another 12-15 miles north of Point South, there's another campground called Green Acres. Never stayed there, but did a drive through of it and it was quite nice. Clean, open spaces, etc. They didn't have any of the amenities that Point South has.. just your basic campground.

5. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info guys