campgrounds in eureka springs

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by richard90, Jun 29, 2004.

1. richard90

richard90
    Expand Collapse

:) we are planning a trip to eureka springs, arkansas. can someone recommend a nice campground there with easy in and out access with a big rig.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

The nicest campground near Eureka Springs is about an hour away, an Outdoor Resorts in Blue Eye, Ark. This park is superb and it is well worth the drive to Eureka Springs. It is much, much nicer than anything in or nearer Eureka Spring, especially if you have a big rig.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Like Beastdriver I vote for Blue Eye also. It is not far from Eureka Springs and you have Branson, MO to the northeast. What a great place to spend your time. So much to see and do in and around Branson. You could spend a lot of time in this place. Lot of shows, train ride into the hills of AK, fishing, wine tour, college of the Ozarks, old town of Hollister, old part of Branson, and more. Have a lot of fun.

4. richard90

richard90
    Expand Collapse

outdoor resort sounds very nice becasue we were only staying in eureka 2 nights on our way for a vacation in branson for 7 nights. how far is outdoor resorts from branson? i read other post on tthis resort and alot of them say it is too far out of the way. we plan on going to silver dollar city, branson a few times, and bass pro shop 1 day. Also, is outdoor resort nice for children, i have a 10 & 6 year old? i also read other post that the people who own spots there are not friendly to the renters. any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
    rsmar90@aol.com

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I run the numbers and it is 32 miles from park to center of Branson. The mileage is due to no roads cross the lake. Park is on west side of lake. You will see Blue Eye on Hwy 13, move south and you will see Hwy 311 this will take you to County Road 663. Travel 663 east to end and you will be in park. To go into Branson you go south around lake on Hwy 311, then Hwy 396 over to Hwy 65 then north to town.

Address is:
    Outdoor Resort of the Ozarks
    1229 County Road 663
    Oak Grove, AR 72660

You only need a class A or C motorhome than is 22 feet or longer and money. Kids would not be a problem, nice place to play in, large lake. We have spent a lot of time in Outdoor Resorts and not one time have we had a problem with anything.

You could sign up for one or two nights. If you are not happy, them crank up the old engine and move to Branson. That place is full of RV parks but not like Outdoor Resort.

If you need more information let me know.

6. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser
    Expand Collapse

I've never stayed in Eureka Springs, but according to the RV Park Reviews, Wandersust RV Park in Eureka Springs gets very good reviews on this site. You might want to read the reviews.

7. bluedurango

bluedurango
    Expand Collapse

In 2003, we stayed at the KOA in Eureka Springs. At that time we had a pop-up and stayed in the back of the campground. The full hook-ups sites are in the front. We really enjoyed our stay there. The bathrooms were immaculate. (they had just renovated). We have a 9 year old. She loved the swimming pool. The owners were so nice, they became just like family. This is an older campground and very quiet. We stayed from a Sunday - Friday. There is a lot of activities in Eureka Springs to see and do. We went in June and apparently this is not peak season for them. We didn't have to wait in any lines for anything. Our daugher's favorite place was Turpentine Creek. It is a wildlife refuge for big cats, (lions, tigers, oh my) :eek: It really is a neat place. Let me know if you need more info.

Have a great day :)

8. maggie

maggie
    Expand Collapse

We stayed in Eureka Springs for 2 nights last year at Wanderlust RV park. The view from the campground is beautiful-overlooks a valley. Some of the sites are very narrow, and all are gravel but are pretty level. The staff is very friendly and are very helpful in getting you in a narrow site. We usually go on to Branson, but would definitely stay here again if in Eureka Springs.

9. Kat

Kat
    Expand Collapse

We are newbies to RVing and loving it. We stayed at The KOA at Eureka and loved it. Huge pull thrus. We have a 28 ft and the trailer and our truck fit in it great. Really woody and shaded ( we like the trees when we camp). Quiet. About 6 mile from the center of town.

We drove by The Wanderlust CG and we have to say we were glad we didn't stay there. Basically that place was in town and not to shady and off a two lane road, it just wasn't our type of place.

Many things to do and see in Eureka. That town really reminded us of our stay in Europe and The Wildlife Preserve is great too (by the way you can camp there too, right next to the tigers, lions and bears).

We were there at the end of July 2004. Great place the KOA, were we would stay again (or maybe the wildlife preserve).