Campgrounds in GA

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Lorilee, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Lorilee

Lorilee
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to find a nice campground in Georgia, preferably the Georgia mountains, with rental cabins. We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving this year, and my parents are planning on meeting us, thus the need for a rental cabin (not a rustic cabin - they would want water, electric, and a bathroom). We would need a 30amp full hookup for a 27' travel trailer. We would also have our two boys with us, ages 10 and 7, so a nice playground, fishing & other activities would be good.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks!!!

2. Pastor John

Pastor John
    Expand Collapse

We camp in North Georgia often, and two of our great state parks come to mind: Unicoi State Park, near Helen, and Vogel State Park, near Blairsville. You can go to the Georgia State Parks website and learn details there:

www.gastateparks.org

Enjoy!

3. Lin T.

Lin T.
    Expand Collapse

Pastor John is right. Both of those parks are fabulous. Also, Amicolola Falls-near Dawsonville, is great, too.

4. SolaFide

SolaFide
    Expand Collapse

Any of the State Parks in North GA would do - they are the BEST!! Just find one with an opening. Unicoi is gorgeous, and the lodge might even serve dinner- wouldn't that be a treat! Black Rock mountain SP is close to Clayton, and the Dillard House is a family style rest. just down the way. They might have dinner, too. There are lots of easy waterfall walks nearby that the rangers can guide you to. And the playground is FUN!!

5. kml2000

kml2000
    Expand Collapse

I am going out on a limb, but there is also a place in Blairsville, GA called Trackrock that has a camground, cabins, and lots of activities. I have not camped there but did live in Blairsville and visited Trackrock and it was always nice. They have horseback riding, a lake, etc. I haven't been back to Trackrock since we moved (6 years), but I have seen some reviews and they all seem to be positive. This is their web site:

Trackrock

6. Chocolat

Chocolat
    Expand Collapse

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, HELEN, GA...............what a neat little town. Love it more every trip we make there.

Happy Traveling Guys !