Campgrounds In Gatlinburg/pigeon Forge Area

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by sorichard, Apr 15, 2007.

1. sorichard

sorichard
    Expand Collapse

i am having hard time choosing between 3 campgrounds in the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area. which campground is highly recommened between tremont, little river village or outdoor resort?

2. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Outdoor resorts a couple of years ago. It was nice, but it was winter so none of the amenities were available. From what I remember, it depends on the site you get. Some are nice with room between them, some or not. All the sites at Outdoor resorts are privately owned. The one we were on backed up to the stream and was well landscaped with a stone patio. Good luck choosing. I have not stayed at the other 2.

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

HI Sorry Can't help with those campground as we stayed in Creekside Campground in Pigeon Forge. I have heard that most campgrounds in the area are nice some with tight sites & others with biggers sites. Creekside worked for us and some campgrounds are on the trolley route and I would highly reccomend to use the trollies as driving is bumper to bumper and you have to fight for parking although Pigeon Forge is not as bad as Gaitlinburg and yes you can use the trollies to go to Gaitlinburg. Good Luck & Happy Trails

4. Wanderlust

Wanderlust
    Expand Collapse

Out of the three, we have only stayed at Little River Village. It is nestled in on the bank of the Little River. The sites are tight, but nice. The sites are shaded and level. The park is quiet and clean. The park is well managed. The park is just outside the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The entrance is at what is know as the "wye". You can be in Cades Cove in about 15 minutes. We have enjoyed our stay there and plan to return. Townsend is less commercial and developed as compared to Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge.