Campgrounds near Hannibal, MO

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by auntnini, Jul 7, 2004.

1. auntnini

auntnini
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a family campground in the Hannibal, MO area including Mark Twain Lake. I prefer full hook-ups. (We have a teenage daughter, need I say more.) Thought about staying a Mark Twain's Landing or Injun Joe's Campground. What is your thought on this, or do you have another campground in mind?

I would appreciate any input you have on this subject.

2. Jlikestravel

Jlikestravel
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at the Ray Behrens Campground which is close to Hannibal and has some full hookup. While there we drove into Hannibal (there was craft fair going on) and saw the proximity of the Injun Joe campground to that city. We really liked the Ray Behren Campground (you can find it through reserveamerica.com) but there wasn't alot to do outside of fishing and camping in or around that immediate area that would interest a teen. There is a historic shopping area in Hannibal so you having that as an option you would probably have more fun at the Injun Joe campground. I think they also have a pool if I remember correctly. Hope this is a little bit helpful, although not much information about your specific questions. Hope you have fun!

3. Jlikestravel

Jlikestravel
    Expand Collapse

:eek:
    Oops! Forgot to mention the Ray Behrens Campground sits right on the Mark Twain Lake and has an excellent boat launch area if that would fit your needs. There was an area near our campsite that had a gazebo and excellent views of the lake.

4. 58KCb

58KCb
    Expand Collapse

Stayed at Injun Joe CG on US 61 in Aug 2002......Decent place, and I remember seeing a fair number of teens that seemed to be enjoying the place..............