Campgrounds On Lakes

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kwilliam10, Jul 26, 2007.

1. kwilliam10

kwilliam10
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for waterfront camping, on lakes in MD, PA, and/or VA. I just got a small, car-top sailboat that I want to bring on some of our outings. Ideally, I'd like to be camping right on the water, and just pull the sailboat up on shore (in the site.) Haven't found much that is worth sailing on....AND....has a campsite on the waterfront.

Anybody have any suggestions? B)

Regards,

Keith Williamson

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

7 Points Campground is a beautiful ACOE (Army Corp of Engineer) waterfront campground on Lake Raystown. You can moor your boat right at your campsite if you have a waterfront site...if not, you can get a mooring pass where you can moor your boat in a separate area just for campers who are not waterfront.

This campground is one of the best I've ever been to...you'll love it!

Here's the link:

http://raystown.nab.usace.army.mil/Camping...points_camp.htm

3. stelrs59

stelrs59
    Expand Collapse

Keen Lake in Waymart ,Pa is a nice campground to go to with a boat. If you get a water front site you can dock your boat right at your site. The lake sites are a bit small, we have camped there with our 21 ft Travel Star and we really had no issues. The bathrooms are clean and the staff is very nice. The kid activities are pretty good. We go here at least once a year.

Hope this helps.. :D

www.keenlake.com

4. igor2brvn

igor2brvn
    Expand Collapse

Rudds Creek and North Bend COE campgrounds on Kerr Lake in southern VA are nice. Many campsites on waterfront. Both these CGs are big rig friendly. Enjoy your camping experiences!:)

5. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kwilliam10 @ Jul 26 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]7786[/snapback]

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for waterfront camping, on lakes in MD, PA, and/or VA. I just got a small, car-top sailboat that I want to bring on some of our outings. Ideally, I'd like to be camping right on the water, and just pull the sailboat up on shore (in the site.) Haven't found much that is worth sailing on....AND....has a campsite on the waterfront.

Anybody have any suggestions? B)

Regards,

Keith Williamson

6. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

Otter Lake Camp Resort From I-80 & US 209 exit 309: go 4 mi N on US 209 then 300 feet NW on SR402 then 7 1/2 mi W on Marshalls Creek Rd enter on L. Open Apr 1 to Nov1 5 night
    We just got home from Pennsylvania. We were on our way to W Va went we have trouble finning a camp ground that will take 37 ft motor home. We turn around and came home.
    Lucille

7. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Lucille,

Please let us know where "Otter Lake Camp Resort is located, what state ??

8. kitten4762

kitten4762
    Expand Collapse

I would have to say Gatewood Park in Pulaski VA. It's a very scenic park located on a small reservoir that allows only small boats with no gas motors. The campsites are located right there along the water and everyone that uses a boat during their camping stay just pulls it out and leaves it there at the waters edge right at their camp site. We camp here several times a year because we are local and we really enjoy the serene beauty of the place.

http://www.pulaskigatewood.com/

9. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Oct 15 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]8675[/snapback]

Lucille,

Please let us know where "Otter Lake Camp Resort is located, what state ??

Butch,

Otter Lake Camp Resort is located in Marshalls Creek, PA...which is in the Pocono Mountain area.

Here's the link for the reviews of this resort:

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Penns...alls_Creek.html

10. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

BBear,

Thanks for the information, I had an idea it might have been in PA, but today one never knows. The reason I thought it was PA was because of the reference to US 209. The US 209 that I was aware of runs along the Delaware Water Gap between New York/New Jersey and PA.

Thanks

11. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Nov 3 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]9006[/snapback]

BBear,

Thanks for the information, I had an idea it might have been in PA, but today one never knows. The reason I thought it was PA was because of the reference to US 209. The US 209 that I was aware of runs along the Delaware Water Gap between New York/New Jersey and PA.

Thanks

You're welcome and yes, that's the same Route 209. Two weeks ago, we took a weekend trip to the area just to drive along the Delaware Water Gap to see the fall foliage...it was absolutely beautiful.