Camping in Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Judi, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Judi

Judi
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone camped in Nova Scotia? We are traveling there this July and would like some input about campgrounds. Let me know your favorites or your least favorites and why.

Thanks for all input.

Judi

2. J-G Gallant

J-G Gallant
    Expand Collapse

You will find some information about N.S. campgrounds on this web site : webducampeur.com

However, I must say that the site is in French and that you must be a registered user of EzBoard's forums to visit.

3. turnerbjt

turnerbjt
    Expand Collapse

There is a private campground called The Ovens near Lunenburg where we stayed once about 5 years ago. They have full service back-in sites that directly overlook the ocean. Nice walking trail from the campground to see "the ovens". Showers are an interesting color as they are stained from the minerals in the well water. Not a fancy place but beautiful scenery.

4. Medic73

Medic73
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Now I will admit that I am biased because its my home town campground (expatriate CDN Air force Brat - been there done that). Anyway IF your going to visit Northern Nova Scotia (Amherst - Springhill - Parrsboro - Advocate - Cap D-Or etc). An excellent campground to base yourself out of is in (or outside) Parrsboro. Its called The Glooscap Campground, its owned and operated by the town (a great manager name of John Best) . If you’re interested I'll give you a write up. As far as Cape Britton and the rest of Nova Scotia - I know very little of it as I always stay and visit in the general area. (Including a trip to PEI and Halifax and Peggy's Cove of course).

Attached Files: