Camping Near Coeur D"alene...please Help

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by iggyiggyiggy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. iggyiggyiggy

iggyiggyiggy
    Expand Collapse

A couple families are heading down to camp for 2 weeks near Coeur d"ALene. We have reservations at a place but just heard that it is in terrible shape because of flooding.

Can someone recommend a nice spot to camp at near a lake hopefully that has good trees and decent green space and not near a highway.

Thanks

2. jdemmitt

jdemmitt
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(iggyiggyiggy @ Jun 27 2011, 12:29 PM) [snapback]26630[/snapback]

A couple families are heading down to camp for 2 weeks near Coeur d"ALene. We have reservations at a place but just heard that it is in terrible shape because of flooding.

Can someone recommend a nice spot to camp at near a lake hopefully that has good trees and decent green space and not near a highway.

Thanks

try country store rv north of coeur d alene near Hayden lake

3. iggyiggyiggy

iggyiggyiggy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jdemmitt @ Jun 27 2011, 08:55 PM) [snapback]26634[/snapback]

try country store rv north of coeur d alene near Hayden lake

Thanks that looks a really nice spot. Called them and they only have 3 nights open in July when we are going but am going on their cancellation list.

Do you know of any others like that? Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend Blackwell Island RV Park. Hopefully, this is not the flooded park you referenced in the original post. I checked the CdA listings and saw that Wolf Lodge Park is flooded according to recent reviews.

I realize that Blackwell doesn't meet all of your requirenents, but I don't know that any other full service park in the area that will. If being on the water is your biggest priority and you want a full service park, then Blackwell is your best bet. I don't remember the nearby US 95, I think, being that much of a problem. Check the reviews on this site.

5. iggyiggyiggy

iggyiggyiggy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 29 2011, 12:01 PM) [snapback]26643[/snapback]

I would recommend Blackwell Island RV Park. Hopefully, this is not the flooded park you referenced in the original post. I checked the CdA listings and saw that Wolf Lodge Park is flooded according to recent reviews.

I realize that Blackwell doesn't meet all of your requirenents, but I don't know that any other full service park in the area that will. If being on the water is your biggest priority and you want a full service park, then Blackwell is your best bet. I don't remember the nearby US 95, I think, being that much of a problem. Check the reviews on this site.

Thanks for your response. We are slated for Wolf Lodge but it doesn't sound too appealing now. We looked at Blackwell and is definitely an option. It lacks the trees and is pretty wide open but nice and close to the water which is nice. Have u stayed there?

6. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Hi iggy,

Yes, I have stayed at Blackwell. That was, however, 3 years ago. As I said in my previous post, check the reviews on this site. I just took a look and there are dozens of reviews since I was there. Most of them are quite positive (8, 9, 10) with the ocassional mediorce review and the rare low one. You should be able to get most of the information you need from recent reviews and the park's website.