Cape Canaveral Rocket Launch

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by campinggirl1964, Feb 5, 2006.

1. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

We're heading to Florida in April and I discovered that there will be a rocket launch while we are there. Reviews for both Manatee Hammock and Jetty Park indicate you can see launches from the campgrounds. I'd prefer to stay at Manatee but I'm not sure which is better to see the launch from. Any comments about either of these parks, or best spots to view launches from, will be appreciated.

For all of you who live in warmer climates, I'd like to make your day by letting you know that in Southwestern Ontario we've had snow (sometimes mixed with rain) non-stop for the last 48 hours. Can't complain though, we've had a really mild winter for Ontario! ;)

Thanks!

2. PappaDee

PappaDee
    Expand Collapse

:blink: We found that many areas along the coast gives a good view of launches. We have not stayed at any of the campgrounds mentioned but have parked a few times on causeway to Cocoa Beach as well as observed launches from campgrounds in central Florida but not as close as we prefer. You will enjoy!