Cape Kiwanda RV Park, OR

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by denise, Jun 1, 2004.

1. denise

denise
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking of making our fifth-wheel's maiden voyage to this campground in Pacific City, Oregon. I'd be appreciative of any reviews or advice.

2. crankymediaguy

crankymediaguy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry is this response has come too late for you to use. I only just now saw your question. I am qualified to respond to you because I am not only a resident of the area (I now live about seven miles up the road from Cape Kiwanda) but I also used to live in the Cape Kiwanda RV Park.

The park is quite nice, if perhaps not as fancy as some. There is currently no swimming pool, for instance. This will change in the future, however, as the RV Park is in the process of building a new clubhouse complete with pool. The Park is calling itself a "resort" now. It's directly across the street from the beach and a restaurant with a microbrewery. At the entrance to the Park is a small store with some grocery items and souvenir stuff. They also sell seafood and taffy there. That is also where you would sign in for staying at the Park.

The town of Pacific City itself is small (about 1000 residents and only one traffic light). There is a not-tiny supermarket in town and you should be able to get just about anything you really need without leaving P.C. By the way, if you are looking for a place to eat in town, consider the Sportsman's Bar, next to the Shell station. It's a local's bar and it doesn't look like much on the outside (or on the inside, really) but the food is surprisingly good (and not expensive). I love the fried chicken and my wife and daughter swear by the burritos.

The only thing I might suggest about Cape Kiwanda RV Park is that, because of the construction going on, I would ask for a site toward the back of the Park, away from the work (which could possibly be noisy when they get the earthmovers going). I hope this is of help to you.