Cedar Ridge Family Campground In Montague, Nj

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by delia, Aug 8, 2008.

1. delia

delia
    Expand Collapse

Hi. I'll be going to Cedar Ridge Family Campground in NJ and would like to know if anyone has been here. There are no pix or real website of the place and no reviews that I could find. The description sounds nice, but I'm a little worried.

Thanks!

2. Waynem

Waynem
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Cedar Ridge about 5 weeks ago on our way home from New England. If you decide to go, call them for directions. They told me that there was a dirt road that the locals use to get to River Road and the campground turn. I have forgotten the number of the highway, but it is river road and if you are traveling South on it you CANNOT make the turn into the CG road. You will have to travel to a large intersection about 3 miles more down the road and turn around.

As for the CG, all of the sites are grass. If it is raining you will need 4 wheel drive. The outskirts of the CG have some very, very, very old campers. Some I would even call derelicts.

There were lots of mosquitoes there when we visited. We only stayed one night

The hosts were very nice and friendly, and helpful.

I don't think we will return.

At the time we stopped we were in a Montanan 3400RL with a TV of F350 King Ranch, CC, LB 4x4

Wayne

QUOTE(delia @ Aug 8 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]12673[/snapback]

Hi. I'll be going to Cedar Ridge Family Campground in NJ and would like to know if anyone has been here. There are no pix or real website of the place and no reviews that I could find. The description sounds nice, but I'm a little worried.

Thanks!

3. delia

delia
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately we do not own a camper. We will be renting a trailer at the campground. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of 'derelict' campers. I will try to book elsewhere.

I very much appreciate your response.

4. justaNJcamper

justaNJcamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(delia @ Aug 8 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]12673[/snapback]

Thanks!

5. justaNJcamper

justaNJcamper
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

We visited the CG at the end of sumer 2012. Just as info, the owners are about 70 years young and own two campgrounds. The web site is always "under construction", the pictures are from the 70's... the lake was washed out during a major storm a few years ago and the owners are still waiting on a permit to re-stock. So if you call and talk to Sherry the campground "manager" don't be mis-lead that there still is fishing in the "old pond" behind the owners house...

No 50 amp service only 30.

No pull thru's... (although, they could be, campers are always in front)...

Bottom line, owners are just milking what they can out of saying we only have one unit available...

See for yourself and write your own review after your own experience...

Happy camping...

6. FaithA

FaithA
    Expand Collapse

I spent much of my childhood (early-to-mid 80's) camping at Cedar Ridge. I was hoping to visit again with husband and son because I have such fond memories - I remember the "old pond" right behind the house the owners lived in, and I remember looking out at the lake from our camper, which sat just across from it.

But these posts have confirmed my suspicions that it's gone pretty downhill. I did call once (back in 2010 or so) to try to make reservations for a rental, and the woman on the phone was confusing and belligerent. Instead of saying to me "Pets are not allowed", she asked me "do you have any pets?" and I replied "yes" without thinking, and she launched into a very irate rant about how pets are not allowed in the rental units, and if I was going to bring pets, she wasn't even going to rent to me.

I politely assured her that we had no intention of bringing our pets with us, and thanked her for her time, and sadly hung up.

I'd love to know if things have improved there at all in the last couple of years.