Central Tx Rv'ers

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by dmknacke, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dmknacke

dmknacke
    Expand Collapse

I am brand new to this website. Just joined today :) We had our first experience staying at a State Park last month when we went to Possum Kingdom. We are now afraid nothing will even compare, we had such a nice time. We are thinking about driving over to Meridian to check it out. Last weekend we checked out Lake Mineral Wells. We want to be able to fish from our campsite. We own a pop-up so also need nice, clean, private, hot showers. Any suggestions are appreciated! :rolleyes:

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Don't know why anyone would want to camp in Texas in the summer. We leave the state. :)

Assume since you did PK that you are near DFW area so here are some nice ones that I've been in:

Lakeside Corp of Engineer CG in Coleman, TX

Tyler State Park Tyler, TX

Rusk State Park near Rusk, TX

Belle Star Corp of Engineer CG, Lake Eufaula in OK.

Go to this site and get a free Travel Guide which will have a Texas Saver Card (more commonly called a TACO card). http://www.texascampgrounds.com/

Welcome to the forum.

3. dmknacke

dmknacke
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info and the website. Hubby and I both work so can't get out of the state. Besides, it is never as hot outdoors as it is in the factory where he works. On the other hand, I'm a church secretary and sit in a cool office all day. Kinda hard on this gal but I love to fish.
    No, we are not close to the DFW area. We are in Brownwood, about 90 miles S of Abilene.
    Thanks again for the info and also for the welcome. I plan on visiting here often. :rolleyes: QUOTE(RLM @ Jun 3 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]22369[/snapback]

Don't know why anyone would want to camp in Texas in the summer. We leave the state. :)

Assume since you did PK that you are near DFW area so here are some nice ones that I've been in:

Lakeside Corp of Engineer CG in Coleman, TX

Tyler State Park Tyler, TX

Rusk State Park near Rusk, TX

Belle Star Corp of Engineer CG, Lake Eufaula in OK.
    Go to this site and get a free Travel Guide which will have a Texas Saver Card (more commonly called a TACO card). http://www.texascampgrounds.com/

Welcome to the forum.