Cg Close Or Nearby San Antonio,texas......

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by vagabond66, May 2, 2009.

1. vagabond66

vagabond66
    Expand Collapse

Hello everybody:
    I'm looking for a basic CG,(not a resort) to spend enough time to visit
    San Antonio for a month.I do not know the area and I'm looking for advice,love to do hiking
    and visit historic sites.All replies are much appreciated.........vagabond.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If you want a place close to downtown and the missions read the reviews for Travelers World RV Park. If you prefer to be more in the country closer to the hill country but only about 25 mi from downtown SA look at the listing for Texas 281 RV Park in Bulverde, TX. Either of these seem to be a good basic park but not a fancy resort.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just remembered some more:

Spring Branch RV Resort listed under Spring Branch. (It is pretty nice, but resort????) It is a little farther from SA than the Texas 281 park.

Also look at the reviews for the places at Canyon Lake. Some good; some not. The Corp of Engineers parks are usually nice.

Hill Country Resort in New Braunfels and Alamo Fiesta RV Resort in Boerne (pronounced burney). These are bordering on resort status. Hill Country is about 30 mi north of SA just off I-35, and Alamo Fiesta is about 30 mi northwest just off I-10.

If none of these meet your needs or if you have any questions, let me know.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at a Wal-Mart for several days (usually I just stay one day) and it was a short drive to the historic river district. This is a wonderful part of Texas. Don't forget the Texas museum. The people in the town were wonderful and there is much to see.

5. Travelin'Duo

Travelin'Duo
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed in a reasonably priced campground just south of San Antonio, Braunig lake Campground their rates then 2007 were in the $300.00 p/mo which is a dollar a day. At that time they honored Passport America 50% disc for nightly stays, but we opted for the monthly rate but stayed for about 3 week as that was the cheapest way to go

www.brauniglakervresort.com

Happy Trails,

Dave