Champaign-Urbanna, IL

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by travlinrose, Aug 1, 2005.

1. travlinrose

travlinrose
    Expand Collapse

I am having difficulty finding a decent park around Champaign-Urbana, Danville IL area for a 40 ft motorhome with a toad, so I am considering something I don't like to do out of desperation... stay at the Wal-mart Supercenter north of I-74 in Champaign,IL. Is anyone familiar with the area and is it a relatively safe place to stay for the night?

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

While I have never been to the area that you enquired about, I think the super-centers are relatively safe as they are open 24 hours and always seem to have security. Hopefully someone who has actually been there will be able to better answer your question. I don't think I would hesitate to stay at a Supercenter.

3. montana

montana
    Expand Collapse

Champaign-Urbana is a college town and can get kinda rowdy on the weekends. Just like any other large city. Be aware of your surroundings and you'll be okay.

4. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

The walmart in champaign recently opened up and is a good spot to stay over night. We see rv'rs and truckers there all of the time. This is located on north prospect ave right off of I-74 interchange or if traveling I-57 get off at the I-57/I1-74 split go 1 mile east to prospect road get off and turn left Walmart is about 1 mile north on your right. There are plenty of restaurants in the area also. Also if your looking for a nice campground to stay in the area Rantoul ( 20 Miles) north of champaign Exit 250 on I-57 It is a city campground but the sites are big rig friendly and plenty of space and a very clean shower house They only charge $18.00 dollars a night the last time i was out there. When you come into Rantoul from I-57 You will be on Route 136 east fallow this road into town , you will go under the railroad tracks and past the traffic light Tanner st, The next traffic light you will turn right on to route 45 South. (phillips 66 station) You will need to stay in the left lane and follow thru the next traffic light it will by a Casey General store (gas station ) just follow this road thru the light staying southbound this will be South Century Blvd. You will go approximately 1 1/2 -2 mile and turn left at the second stop sign the campground will be on your left. This is a FULL HOOK UP CAMPGROUND. I Hope this helps Have a safe trip :D also i hope i'm not to late in responding as i just joined

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard meterman46, the more the merrier !

6. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Same to you Butch, I cant wait til it's time to run out of town and back to the woods.......... lol :D I have been camping for a couple of years now and i have always had fun with all i meet. Whether your on the road or in the campground you always meet some great fellow rv's. Happy trails......Butch