Cheaper Rates

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by a.d, Jul 23, 2012.

1. a.d

a.d
    Expand Collapse

Have any R.V travelers heard of R.V parks that are not getting good reviews or zero reviews.
    Offering cheaper rates or even one night free in Lou of a well written park review?
    Also have noticed not always are the parks advertisements completely on the up and up.
    By misleading words , like CLOSE TO, :ph34r: reality miles away. CHILD PLAY GROUND, some broken down equipment with un clean sand. FAMILY FRIENDLY. REED SECURITY PRECAUTIONS(IN GENERAL CHAT.)

2. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

My favorite one is: FREE WI-FI. That oftens translates as: only if you go into the laundry and stand on one foot on top of the third washer from the left, leaning toward the door, but only between the hours of 1:15 p.m. and 2:35 p.m, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but frequently only Wednesdays and you'll only get 6 1/2 minutes of wi-fi before you're kicked off for good for the rest of the day, but hey, it's free, so what else do you want????

My second favorite: FREE CABLE TV. Translation: ABC and CBS, but CBS comes in with a loud hum. The rest of the cable line-up consists of 3 shopping channels, 2 religious channels and a telenovela channel.

My third favorite one: BIG RIG FRIENDLY. Translation: you might be able to get a 35-foot fifth wheel into the park without ripping off the air conditioner cover, but then again maybe you can't. But we're friendly about it!

3. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

a.d , I'm having trouble understanding your post. What exactly are you asking?

Most of the reviews posted do explain any problems or issues with campgrounds/parks.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

a.d,

If you find a park with few or no reviews it may be best to use a Walmart parking lot for the night. Only one park we have every found that would give you 10% off on the next visit for one night was a high dollar class A resort. I can tell you this trick is worked very well. On misleading words, yes we do see that trick at times like lake front sites. The lake is across the Hwy or miles away but this is rare for me to see this. I can only guess we have been using the better parks. :)

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(a.d @ Jul 23 2012, 03:21 PM) [snapback]30146[/snapback]

Have any R.V travelers heard of R.V parks that are not getting good reviews or zero reviews.
    Offering cheaper rates or even one night free in Lou of a well written park review?

Have you actually had this happen to you?
    I HAVE had a park ask me to just to POST a review on RV Park Reviews.
    It was when I expressed my surprise at how nice a park they had.
    (KOA on I-25, south of Pueblo, Colorado.)
    There was no attempt to "buy" my postitive review though...

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at parks that had no reviews and found them satisfactory. A small percentage of folks actually write reviews. If everybody did, then we would we swamped with them. I don't write reviews if we have nothing different to add. If there are just a few or vastly different reviews, I will try to write one.

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Lindsay. We've found some very nice smaller parks over the years, that had no reviews. I recently reviewed a previously unreviewed small state park campground in Salina, OK that was a really nice find for us when we stopped to visit friends in the area.