Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by deanintemp, Sep 19, 2009.

1. deanintemp

deanintemp
    Expand Collapse

We just settled on purchasing a new "used" tow vehicle. We are in the process of closing on a very nice 2005 Chevy Suburban Z71 with the 5.3L V8 engine. We have until Monday to pull out of the deal and would like some feedback as to how well the Suburban handles towing travel trailers. Our travel trailer is a 2005 Outback 26RS.

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(deanintemp @ Sep 19 2009, 11:04 PM) [snapback]19044[/snapback]

We just settled on purchasing a new "used" tow vehicle. We are in the process of closing on a very nice 2005 Chevy Suburban Z71 with the 5.3L V8 engine. We have until Monday to pull out of the deal and would like some feedback as to how well the Suburban handles towing travel trailers. Our travel trailer is a 2005 Outback 26RS.

Flat towing, it does fine. Hilly situations, not so great. We go to the mountains several times each summer, and with our 2006, it took a toll. I never trusted it to pull and run the A/C, so after the last trip when it was 102 degrees, I got rid of it. Got a Dodge 2500 Crew Cummins - much easier. BTW, my trailer is probably a lot lighter than yours - about 4000.