Chokoloskee Island Park‎

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Galli, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

Gentlemen, I am fed up of the campsite that I spending my recent Winters in Florida and I am looking to several alternatives in the southern part of florida, I saw the "Chokoloskee Island Park" on the golf on south Florida and would like to receive some input from people who have been there for winter vacation‎ or have information on this regard.
    I am a winter snow bird from Canada and one of my requirements is access to the golf and if there is some island in protection from the open sea since I have 16" boat only.
    O course, your information will be kept confidential and/or , if you prefer contact me privately, my E-Mail is: branzoni@sympatico.ca :)

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Take a look at Outdoor Resorts on Chokoloskee Island. You have three reviews and all look OK to me. You can park the boat close to RV parking as well. Weather would be great in winter months.

3. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

The outdoor resort park on Chokoloskie Island is fantastic. If you get a site on the water, you will have a lift for your boat. The resort is on chokoloskie bay and the bay is VERY Shallow, no deep draft boats need apply. The fishing in the area is out of this world. Snook, tarpon, redfish and sea trout abound. There is also a lot of crab fishing and mullet netting. Seafood in nearby Everglades City is great. Be aware, you must go to Naples for anything, groceries included. That means a 70 mile round trip at a minimum. Also, the island is very sleepy, not much to do but fish, visit and eat. Don't expect to be constantly entertained. The residents at the resorts have some activities. If you like to get away, this is the place to go.