Clabough's Campground- Pigeon Forge, Tn

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Mrakovich, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mrakovich

Mrakovich
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!

My family and I are looking forward to go to Pigeon Forge, TN next summer! Usually another family member picks the location and the campground (we usually camp with family, so two our three other campers besides ourselves) but this time my husband and I are doing the picking, and we want it to be good!

I think I have decided that I would like to stay at Clabough's, I have read the reviews here, checked out their website (even went a little crazy and did the Google Map street view through the campground!) and have compared to other area campgrounds. It seems like a good choice!

I wanted to post and see if anyone on the forum has ever stayed at Clabough's, even just once or maybe repeat campers! I would like to know the good and the bad about your experience, if you want to share!

Or if you stayed at another campground in Pigeon Forge, tell me about that too! I'd like to know about the area and attractions that we should be sure not to miss!

Thank you for your help!

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi we stayed at creekside rv park which was just down a little ways from Clabough's. We liked Creekside it was clean, had a pool, clean bathroom/shower house with a/c, clean & a/c laundry house. Full hookup's including cable and Wi Fi. Also is a Good Sam's park. It is far enough out from the main drag yet close enough also there was a Kroger ( I think) grocery store near by. Also the trolley service ran thru the park and I highly suggest useing it as parking is a nightmare in both PF and Gaitlinburg. Trolley will take you to both with a couple of transfers.While on the trolley we got to go thru Clabough's and to us atleast in the front part seemed to be close sites and seemed to be crowded.But we were ther in July over the 4th. There's plenty to do in PF cant miss Dollywood ( trolley will drop you off at the door) Dollywood splash park next door. Lots of good food all over the area Plenty of touristy stuff also. I would say don't miss the aquarium in Gaitlinburg. I would however save your $$ on Ripley's museum Not worth it in my opinion. Some of the campgrounds are right off the main road and some are on the edge of town most are worth it from what all have said also there's a new one called Pine Mountain rv Park And I heard good reviews on it also. You might also try rv.net and do a search on campgrounds and attractions there's been quite a bit Hope you enjoy your stay Happy Trails Brian

3. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mrakovich @ Aug 7 2009, 09:42 AM) [snapback]18157[/snapback]

Hello everyone!

My family and I are looking forward to go to Pigeon Forge, TN next summer! Usually another family member picks the location and the campground (we usually camp with family, so two our three other campers besides ourselves) but this time my husband and I are doing the picking, and we want it to be good!

I think I have decided that I would like to stay at Clabough's, I have read the reviews here, checked out their website (even went a little crazy and did the Google Map street view through the campground!) and have compared to other area campgrounds. It seems like a good choice!

I wanted to post and see if anyone on the forum has ever stayed at Clabough's, even just once or maybe repeat campers! I would like to know the good and the bad about your experience, if you want to share!

Or if you stayed at another campground in Pigeon Forge, tell me about that too! I'd like to know about the area and attractions that we should be sure not to miss!

Thank you for your help!

I've stayed at Claybough's, Twin Mountain, Holly Haven, River Plantation, Riverside... and others that I forget. I have never stayed at the KOA. Each has thier personalities. I like Claybough's along the creek sites - noisy!! ducks included. I like River Plantation because it is sorta between PF and Sevierville. I am going back to Twin Mountain this fall.

4. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

We are at the KOA at the moment .. For some reason we like this one a lot . Have been here quite a few times ..

DollyWood is a disappointment this trip ..

5. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

one other thing.... I love the trolley! Why drive when the trolley goes everywhere you want to go, not have to park, and get valet service to the front door.....

The trolley runs thru most parks, that is because the streets are maintained by PF - EXCEPT the KOA. The trolleys do not run thru the KOA.

Same for King's Holly Haven, Eagles Rest, River PLantation.

BUT they do run thru Twin Mountain, Claybough's, (I think it is...)Riverside (the park that is the last park on the left side of 441 before the split.)

I do not drive to Gatlinburg, I hate having to park there, then hike to the other side of town. The trolley is a knee saver.

6. rowley

rowley
    Expand Collapse

Claboughs used to be the front section separated by a drive by to Arrowhead Campground. Within the last couple of years, Claboughs bought Arrowhead so it's now all one big campground. We haven't camped there since they bought Arrowhead so I don't know if they made improvements to that area or not.

The front section had concrete pads and full facilities and a very small pool. Some sites were by the creek but in a flash flood situation, these sites flooded. The old Arrowhead was more of a rustic campground with gravel pads and lots of trees. Facilities needed work.

If I were to go again, I'd still request the front section.

7. danel-ksc

danel-ksc
    Expand Collapse

Stayed at Ripplin Waters CG, Creekside and Clabaugh's each has it pros and cons, in any case we were not really disappointed with any of the CGs. No matter where you stay use the trolly. Traffic is unbelievable! We now stay on the "quiet side" near Townsend. Twenty minute ride thru the valley to Tourist haven. But if this is your first visit to the area stay in the Pigeon Forge area and Clabaughs is comfortable and convenient.
    We live 30 miles from Dizzy World and enjoyed Dollywood much more. Also, plan on visiting Cades Cove, will take most of your day but well worth it.
    Be safe and have fun!

8. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed at most of these CG mentioned. I have my two favorites and one is River Plantation and the other is smokey Bear campground. BOth are nice in their own way. THe others are ok including claboughs but I found I liked the smokey bear for is small flavor and nice set up and great owners who have a breakfast for you on sunday. River Plantation is also nice if you are going to go with a couple of friends and want to meet up and be next to each other.

9. Murphysmom

Murphysmom
    Expand Collapse

Since we are in Pigeon Forge....has anyone stayed at the Foothills Rv Park or the Riversedge? Haven't heard much about the two. As for some of the other campgrounds mentioned. Claboughs is a LARGE campground and has what looks like full timers and seasonal campers. We drove throught last summer and thought it to be too big, too noisy and too crowed for our taste. But, if you have kid travelling with you I'm sure it is a great place to stay. I have heard both good and bad about it. Good luck!