Conflict Of Interest?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RLM, Mar 25, 2010.

1. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Obviously you would know every detail about it, but I was wondering if it would be a conflict of interest to review a C/G where you have or had work camped.

2. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

Thats a good idea.

A worker would know whats really going on behind the scenes. It would be no different than asking an employee if he would eat the food at the resturaunt where they work.

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Sounds okay to me as others have done this as "work Campers.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, have to ask the admins. But I think that as long as you are not a CURRENT employee, then it would be ok.......

JJ

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

When you submit a review you must check a box that states "I hereby state that . . . I am not an owner, relative, employee or have any affiliation with this or any other RV Park or Campground." I will try to get a ruling as to whether this means "currently" or if it also includes "in the past."

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The rules have been in place a long time and I see no changes to date. Some park owners will pump up there own site and run down all the others close by. On work campers it is hard to say what they would write up. Found reviews that hate the place and others love it. Again rules are below. RLM my answer is yes, it is a conflict of interest.

I hereby state that I have read the instructions when accessing this page and I am not an owner, relative, employee or have any affiliation with this or any other RV Park or Campground.

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I think someone who has worked at a campground would be hard pressed to be unbiased. If they enjoyed the experience they would tend to "sing the praises" and if they felt they were maltreated the opposite would happen.

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Also, they are probably working at another CG, so the check box stands.

9. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

I've done it for all the places I've volunteered. If I, as a volunteer CG host don't know a lot about the place I stayed for at least two months, then I shouldn't be a volunteer who wants to help people.

10. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Now there is a new website you can go to and tell how the workamping job went. Good and bad. Go to here.

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Nolan @ Mar 26 2010, 02:48 PM) [snapback]21454[/snapback]

Now there is a new website you can go to and tell how the workamping job went. Good and bad. Go to here.

Thanks! I signed up and gave some good reports for where I have been!

JJ

12. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Hey JJ, are you still traveling with your friend who has the vehicle? Actually none of my business, but I was just wondering.

13. tworootless

tworootless
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Mar 27 2010, 12:38 PM) [snapback]21462[/snapback]

Hey JJ, are you still traveling with your friend who has the vehicle? Actually none of my business, but I was just wondering.

All of the parks we've Workamped at, we've rated once we've left. We've also rated parks we stopped in on our way to somewhere else. I don't see a thing wrong with this...

14. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Personal preference are a part of everyone's review if for no other reason that one has to provide a numbered rating. But I make extra effort to submit reviews that have no "bias" because that's the kind of review I want to read when looking for a CG.

Being a volunteer probably falls into the category of being "affiliated with..", but since I'm not getting pay then it's a broad sweep of the brush. It's unfortunate because the campground hasn't been reviewed in several years. I have also volunteered at CGs that don't have a review on this website. Be that as it may, rules are rules.

15. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Apr 5 2010, 01:07 PM) [snapback]21568[/snapback]

...I have also volunteered at CGs that don't have a review on this website...

I'm probably going to step in it here... ;)
    Has your wife ever volunteered at the campground you are referencing? Perhaps her (slightly more distanced) view would provide good feedback for those of us who may otherwise, pass this park by.