Congratulations To A Friend

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by westernrvparkowner, Jun 21, 2009.

1. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

I have to send out congratulations to a great friend of mine, the owner of the Rocky Mountain Campground in Gardiner, Montana. I noticed he recently recieved the coveted "worst campground in america" designation on a recent review. Too bad, I have known him since I bought my park and he has been a great help. He also runs a first class park, as the other reviews indicate. I hope people don't really take that review seriously (seems the reviewer hates most parks that are not owned by Disney), because his park is a fantastic place to stay when visiting Yellowstone. So once again congratulations, being the absolute best or worst out of probably 10,000 campgrounds is truly an achievement.

2. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(westernrvparkowner @ Jun 21 2009, 11:50 PM) [snapback]17075[/snapback]

I have to send out congratulations to a great friend of mine, the owner of the Rocky Mountain Campground in Gardiner, Montana. I noticed he recently recieved the coveted "worst campground in america" designation on a recent review. Too bad, I have known him since I bought my park and he has been a great help. He also runs a first class park, as the other reviews indicate. I hope people don't really take that review seriously (seems the reviewer hates most parks that are not owned by Disney), because his park is a fantastic place to stay when visiting Yellowstone. So once again congratulations, being the absolute best or worst out of probably 10,000 campgrounds is truly an achievement.

westernrvparkowner, I don't submit many reviews to this site, because I mostly stay at military campgrounds. I do appreciate you defending your friend, BUT, I think that you're walking a fine line here, as you being an owner. I think MOST people are smart enought to see thru the crapp some of these people post. I read your posts, and find good value to the "other side of the coin", so to speak. Please be careful, because I think your posts are a valuable source of info. Please take this at face value, and not a criticisum. Robbie :unsure:

3. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(riggarob @ Jun 21 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]17076[/snapback]

westernrvparkowner, I don't submit many reviews to this site, because I mostly stay at military campgrounds. I do appreciate you defending your friend, BUT, I think that you're walking a fine line here, as you being an owner. I think MOST people are smart enought to see thru the crapp some of these people post. I read your posts, and find good value to the "other side of the coin", so to speak. Please be careful, because I think your posts are a valuable source of info. Please take this at face value, and not a criticisum. Robbie :unsure:

I guess I have overstayed my welcome on this forum. If I can't point out with good humor where I think a friend has been unfairly criticized then I guess I should say goodbye to all.

4. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(westernrvparkowner @ Jun 21 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]17077[/snapback]

I guess I have overstayed my welcome on this forum. If I can't point out with good humor where I think a friend has been unfairly criticized then I guess I should say goodbye to all.

Methinks you got up on the wrong side of the bed! If you haven't figured out yet that some people are going to react counter to your opinions/views on this - and other sites - you are naive. I know that isn't true. So, go if you must and a friendly goodbye from me. However, if you read this, please know that I have enjoyed all your contributiions, both as an rv park owner and as an rver.

If I let any criticism from anyone get me down, I'd be constantly lower than whale doodoo. Twenty three years in the military has given me thick skin and a realization that everyone but me (and a few others) are wrong and I'm right!

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(abbygolden @ Jun 22 2009, 08:05 AM) [snapback]17079[/snapback]

Twenty three years in the military has given me thick skin and a realization that everyone but me (and a few others) are wrong and I'm right!

I'm always right. I thought I was wrong once, but turns out I was mistaken. :p :p :p

JJ

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, one bad review like that can cost a lodging owner a lot of money. The guy obviously had a problem of some sort and I would discount it, but so many times when deciding on a campground with little information, a bad review can be a tie breaker for some. This place obviously isn’t the worst campground in America as I have stayed at the worst campground in America and this wasn’t it. I live 4 minutes away from the Disney campground and have never been there as it cost more than $100 per night. Western Park Owner, I have always enjoyed your comments.