Connecticut Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Lpuncho, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Lpuncho

Lpuncho
    Expand Collapse

Am visiting friends in New Haven in mid Sept. We have a dog, so that leaves out all of the State Parks. Would appreciate any info on Riverdale farms, good or bad.

Thanks

2. dmsscs

dmsscs
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lpuncho @ Sep 2 2003, 06:20 PM) [snapback]135[/snapback]

Am visiting friends in New Haven in mid Sept. We have a dog, so that leaves out all of the State Parks. Would appreciate any info on Riverdale farms, good or bad.

Thanks

We were there once, it is nice. It is, as the name implies, on a river. I would go there again.

3. onemantwokids

onemantwokids
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been to Riverdale Farms yet, however, I love Salem Farms Campground!! They are extremely dog friendly and you can walk your dog anywhere except for the field and pool areas as long as you clean up. Sites are spacious and all pretty level with a nice mix of shade and sun. Sites have water, electric and greywater hookups...you can use the dumpstation free on the way out or they will pump you out onsite for $10.

This has been our favorite place so far and we find ourselves going back time and time again. It's completely family run and everyone is very friendly. We'll actually be there this weekend...again :)

http://www.salemfarmscampground.com/

4. AnthonyNYC

AnthonyNYC
    Expand Collapse

We stayed one night and Riverdale and it was "ok" We had have a full hook up site. The sites are very close together, not much privacy. They do not have a pool but do have a pond. There were a ton of kids in the pond but the pond did not look clean. It was pretty quiet and had a few seasonals. Nice playground for the kids. Wifi worked ok as well.

Anthony