Converting A Friend To The Rv Life

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Jun 27, 2011.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

A very dear friend that I haven't seen in 13 years came to visit me. I informed him that I am an RV Full-timer. This friend has never been in an RV. He is adapting well to the RV thing. I showed him a complete RV pack up, and I showed him a complete set up, and he helped me do the tank sanitizing. He is amazed. Possibly have a future RV'er.

JJ

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

I thought you disposed of the Condo???? Where will you hang your hat if not in your loverly RV?

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I wish I could convert my friends/relatives to RV ownership, but currently they all stay in tents and use our Motorhome bathroom/kitchen/etc.

I like their company, but we get stuck putting their dogs in our RV when sightseeing, and when it rains, they all converge on our coach.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Jun 28 2011, 11:07 PM) [snapback]26642[/snapback]

Hi JJ,

I thought you disposed of the Condo???? Where will you hang your hat if not in your loverly RV?

WHOOPS! I had the word "not" in there. I changed it to AN RV FULL-TIMER.

I'm currently Full-Timing!

My friend did very well! And he eagerly watched while I demonstrated RV set up, and RV take down, including dumping the tanks!

JJ

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Jun 30 2011, 03:15 PM) [snapback]26649[/snapback]

I wish I could convert my friends/relatives to RV ownership, but currently they all stay in tents and use our Motorhome bathroom/kitchen/etc.

I like their company, but we get stuck putting their dogs in our RV when sightseeing, and when it rains, they all converge on our coach.

Your doing better than me...everyone I know does the 5 star resort hotel & cruise thing. I talk to them about our camping trips and I get a polite "that's nice"... I guess I'm in the wrong league. :D

Mike

6. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Jul 3 2011, 09:40 AM) [snapback]26667[/snapback]

Your doing better than me...everyone I know does the 5 star resort hotel & cruise thing. I talk to them about our camping trips and I get a polite "that's nice"... I guess I'm in the wrong league. :D

Mike

Not if he has wet dogs and a bunch of people using his RV for a rain shelter,public bath house and dog Kennel he`s not. :rolleyes:

7. chowhound

chowhound
    Expand Collapse

Now that you mention it, I thought it was just me, but I don't like to camp in a party with tent campers for all of the reasons you mentioned. they end up using our facilities anyway. "it's cool in here"; "it's a long way to the bathroom"; "can we use your oven"; "what time is the game"; We might as well have brought them in the RV and save me the hassle of helping put up their tent.