Cool Website...

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by gwbischoff, Jan 24, 2008.

1. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Wow. And I thought I was a very good photographer. At least we have the same taste in rigs. :)

3. Silvana

Silvana
    Expand Collapse

Wow,
    Great photo's! He must have a really good camera!

4. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

Never tell a photographer that he must have a great camera! He would say that he has a great eye! Interesting web site. What I found really interesting is that he has a 40 foot motorhome, 4 or 5 computers and a really nice satellite system, but thinks health insurance is too expensive so he doesn't have any! Hope he stays out of the hospital!

5. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Hey RLM,

Did you happen to see all of the maintenance and Warranty work he's had to do on his Alfa?
    Rebuilt the tranny after 3K miles?!

You ever see anything like that?

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Jan 25 2008, 10:48 AM) [snapback]10034[/snapback]

Hey RLM,

Did you happen to see all of the maintenance and Warranty work he's had to do on his Alfa?
    Rebuilt the tranny after 3K miles?!

You ever see anything like that?

........Crossing ALFA off my list of potential RV's when and if I trade again...... (But then again, I love my Forest River RV!!!!)

JJ

7. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Here is another interesting web site by a fellow traveler

American Rv'er

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I sent an email to the guy. He's multi-talented and aside from the rigs, we have a lot in common to include photography. But I do have health insurance. :)

I personally think that the Alfa is the best full time coach available for the price. It has more storage than most people have stuff for. The new ones have a two hallway design that is super. Even my 04 has some nice features that other newer rigs don't. A year or so ago, I had thoughts of trading and I spent a week looking and researching hundreds at a major FL RV show. We did not find a single one that was better for what we need. I have not had any powertrain issues, but you can't blame Alfa for those. They are Allison and Cummings issues. Nonetheless, I too wouldn't buy another Alfa just because of the other nicknoid maintenance issues I have had to deal with. And since it is made in California, there are some state mandated features on it that drive me crazy. Also, if I every run across the moron who designed the Kingdome sat antenna to be recessed into the roof and on the back of the rig, I'll slug him!!

9. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Feb 7 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]10183[/snapback]

It has more storage than most people have stuff for.

Oh no.

Give me, the wife and kids a week and we'll have that SOB burstin' at the seams.

More storage=More gear.

That's how we roll. :rolleyes:

10. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

GW> OK, So maybe I should have said.."more storage than NORMALLY most people have stuff for." :D

11. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Feb 10 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]10216[/snapback]

GW> OK, So maybe I should have said.."more storage than NORMALLY most people have stuff for." :D

I wouldn't be surprised if most folks think that they're following the Clampetts when they're behind us.