Correcting Campground Information

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ploiselle, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ploiselle

ploiselle
    Expand Collapse

How do you go about notifying Admin about incorrect information listed about a campground? The incorrect information would be things like "Beach Access" or "Pull-Throughs".

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(ploiselle @ Feb 24 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]10385[/snapback]

How do you go about notifying Admin about incorrect information listed about a campground? The incorrect information would be things like "Beach Access" or "Pull-Throughs".

I don't know if there is a way, other than a private email to the webmaster. You find them in "members" and then you can do an email.........

JJ

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Look down at the bottom and you will see "Contact US". Write up what you see wrong and see if webmaster will change it.

4. ploiselle

ploiselle
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Feb 24 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]10391[/snapback]

Look down at the bottom and you will see "Contact US". Write up what you see wrong and see if webmaster will change it.

Thanks I did take a look at the "Contact us". The three categories available are not appropriate. As you can see, I joined a long time ago, but have only visited when in need of a campground review.
    I have read the Faq's. I was surprised that there was nothing listed. With all the campgrounds listed, I am sure that I am not the first to find information that is inaccurate. Again thanks.

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

A suggestion to make the reviewing facts/information correct, would be to use the review form provided here at the "Home" page listed under downloads. If the form was used at the time of the stay most inaccuracies would be eliminated at the time the review is posted. Just print a number of forums, and take them along on your outings.

As to the "contact us" list not having the appropriate categories, we use the "bug report" listing to correspond with the admin dept. Works for us.....

6. ploiselle

ploiselle
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Feb 25 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]10404[/snapback]

A suggestion to make the reviewing facts/information correct, would be to use the review form provided here at the "Home" page listed under downloads. If the form was used at the time of the stay most inaccuracies would be eliminated at the time the review is posted. Just print a number of forums, and take them along on your outings.

As to the "contact us" list not having the appropriate categories, we use the "bug report" listing to correspond with the admin dept. Works for us.....

I guess I am a little confused. Is the data in "camp information, accommodations and hookups" used from the last person to post a review about the campground or is the data from a compilation of reviews?

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(ploiselle @ Feb 25 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]10415[/snapback]

I guess I am a little confused. Is the data in "camp information, accommodations and hookups" used from the last person to post a review about the campground or is the data from a compilation of reviews?

I think it's updated from the last person to review. I reviewed a park where the number of spaces shown was too high. At that park, I manually counted all the spaces, and then I "overwrote" the information presented, and the park now shows what I sent in.

JJ

8. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

All you need to do is contact the webmaster & tell him what's wrong in time they'll take care of it and get a response from them. I did on a location of a campground that was posted as being in Illinois and talked all about a "bear" problem it ended up being in Alaska!! LOL So speakup & They be glad you did as They have alot of information to go thru And this is an excellent site!!!

Happy Trails......