Covered Rv Parking Near Victoria B.c.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BC Bound, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BC Bound

BC Bound
    Expand Collapse

I'm moving to Esquimault in September 2013. Does anyone know where I might park my 1988 motorhome under cover in or near Victoria B.C. ? I'm open to any other advice you might have. Thank you.

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BC Bound @ Jan 28 2013, 11:48 AM) [snapback]32483[/snapback]

I'm moving to Esquimault in September 2013. Does anyone know where I might park my 1988 motorhome under cover in or near Victoria B.C. ? I'm open to any other advice you might have. Thank you.

I have not found any RV Storage in Victoria, Esquimalt, Colwood or Langford let alone covered. There are storage facilities Up Island or on the Peninsula but, again, not covered. My suggestion is for you to purchase a snug fitting cover from Camping World for winter storage. There are two types available. One for snow and one for rain. Make sure you get the one for rain. It rarely gets to freezing here but it does get wet.

Good luck.

Darrell

3. BC Bound

BC Bound
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Darrell,

Just curious, when you cover an RV in a wet climate, do you
    have to put a few 2 x 4's on the roof under the cover to prevent condensation from accumulating?

Jeff

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BC Bound @ Feb 4 2013, 12:08 PM) [snapback]32555[/snapback]

Thanks Darrell,

Just curious, when you cover an RV in a wet climate, do you
    have to put a few 2 x 4's on the roof under the cover to prevent condensation from accumulating?

Jeff

I have not noticed any condensation forming. Actually, I don't care about moisture on the exterior that much. I do worry about the interior thus I have a dehumidifier. The climate here is not hard on vehicles. If you don't mind giving your rig a good wash in the spring to get rid of the moss that will start to grow, you don't need it covered. Just make sure you have no leaks.

5. BC Bound

BC Bound
    Expand Collapse

Some people in Alberta have a 100w bulb lit in their rigs all the time to ward off mould etc. This spring I plan to reseal all my windows and vents etc. with ProFlexRV flexible sealant. I resealed the roof last year.

BTW, I heard of an unfortunate fellow who was scalped by the over head fan at the car wash while power washing his RV roof. Now I always look up before I stand up on the roof.