Ct Cg's Advice...

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by tcrave88, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tcrave88

tcrave88
    Expand Collapse

We are hoping to find a seasonal... hoping to narrow down the cg's that we will ck out before spring arrives. We'd like it to be from Somers, CT east..... husband will commute to boston and we live in MA. We'd love that one extra element, river, lake, etc. Don't want the cg to empty out during the weekdays, 3 kids, 5-14 yrs old. Need activities...

We love Odetah, but hate that they get so booked, would never be able to have friends come. Was also looking at Brialee, but heard mixed things about them. On the list is: Hidden Acres, Hide a way Cove, pequot ledge, river bend, waters edge, ross hill, pinewood lodge, circle c.

We don't want to do the cape, but possibly RI or eastern MA would work. Thanks for any advice!

2. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

We have not done a seasonal campsite (yet), so I can't rate campgrounds by that measure, but we are a family of four (2 adults, 1 13yr old and 1 11yr old).

We love River Bend in Oneco, Ct. We go every year for a weekend. The sites are not big, but we just always have a great time there, and all the other campers seem to also. It could be considered a little "rustic", and a lot of the sites are not big. The reviews for it seem to be pretty accurate.

We have not been to Odetah, but have heard it is very good.

We last went to Brialee about 5 years ago... Really nice campground, but the manager seemed to not know what he was doing, and the long termers there didn't seem real nice. We have been back. I don't know if it has changed.

The only other campground I recognize on your list is Pinewood Lodge... do you mean Pinewood Lodge in Plymouth, Mass? If so, we went there 2 years ago and had a great time. We thought the lake was wonderful to swim and canoe in. I thought the campground was well run, and there was plenty to do both in the campground and in the surrounding area.

A couple other campgrounds to think about (I don't know if they are within your range)--

Witchmeadow Lake Family Campground in Salem, CT. It has been a couple years since we've been there, but we liked it a lot. There were a lot of planned activities, and the campground was well run. It is right on Witchmeadow Lake, which is great for swimming, canoing, fishing. The campground does not have a pool.

Wolf's Den Campground in Haddam, CT. We go here every year. Surprisingly big sites for a private campground. Has a pool, tennis court, shuffle board, activity field, and a pond for kids to get muddy in going after tadpoles and frogs. The reviews seem accurate for it.

Hope this helps!