Dallas Area Rv Park?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by boogie, May 24, 2011.

1. boogie

boogie
    Expand Collapse

I really need some good suggestions on a park that is with in commute range of Dallas Love Field. We are currently in Mississippi but Hubby and I get relocated frequently with the airlines. So, a couple years back we decided to do full time RVing. We aren't permanent residents just long term and probably will continue full time even when we retire. We enjoy it.
    That being said, we are looking for a safe and hopefully enjoyable, full hook up, RV park within commute or dart range. Some parks have no recent reviews, some old ones that are very bad, etc. It has been very frustrating. We don't need fancy, just comfortable, friendly, safe, clean, and preferably not wedged in side to side, etc. I like to walk and be active but I don't really want to know my neighbors overly well :)
    My spouse checked out Sandy Lake and was told he could not choose a spot, that they are assigned so that was a huge turn off especially with tight quarters. We may be here 6 months or possibly a couple years depending on contracts. Location is important. Checked plantation place via satellite view and there is no shade, which I am concerned might be to much for the heat. I have and I like my windows :) One place not only charges electric, but water too...
    I would really appreciate some input from anyone, park owners, workers welcome too as I am currently one as well (host) just specify....