Dallas to Eagles Nest, NM

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by sandalee687, May 5, 2015.

1. sandalee687

sandalee687
    Expand Collapse

We are going to Eagles Nest, NM the end of July for two weeks. Any recommendations for rv parks in colorado that we should check out on the way there?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You certainly COULD go through Colorado driving from Dallas to Eagle Nest, but Colorado would not really be "on the way there." You would have to drive quite a bit out of your way to go through Colorado, but if that is what you are planning to do, tell us what route you plan to take and we will be glad to help you.

3. sandalee687

sandalee687
    Expand Collapse

don't know....we know the closest is going thru amarillo...and thinking of Palo duro canyon...although it is going to be really hot there...so we thought maybe go thru colorado instead...

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I've been to both states from Texas many times. It won't be that much cooler in Colorado until you get west of I-25 into the higher elevations. The exception would be Raton Pass in NM at 7800 ft. Nice CG there called Raton Pass Camp and Cafe. Trinidad has a trolley that takes you around town on a tour. Northern NM has a lot of offer. I'd spend my 2 weeks roaming around that area.