Deceptive Credit Card Offer

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by csvreno, Jun 17, 2008.

1. csvreno

csvreno
    Expand Collapse

Be careful of the special offer from Chevron/Texaco for a .20 per gallon discount, and yes, it's my fault they got me BUT..... I applied for the card, explaining that I wanted it for a trip of a little over 4000 miles. I never thought to ask what the credit limit would be; I'm in good financial condition, etc. So when they turned the card off on me a quarter of the way through the trip, it was inconvenient, and now they're charging an overlimit fee. Not only that, but no discount!

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes. Gas cards have very low limits. You are lucky to get even $500 on them.

JJ

3. csvreno

csvreno
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 17 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]11914[/snapback]

Oh yes. Gas cards have very low limits. You are lucky to get even $500 on them.

JJ

First gas card (and last) I've had in 30 years. Too bad nothing was said when I told them why I wanted it!

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

$500 is usually just enough to get you to the next station.

5. csvreno

csvreno
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jun 17 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]11919[/snapback]

$500 is usually just enough to get you to the next station.

No kidding- when they turned the card off, the clerk at that gas station thought it was her computer being out of sorts. Made it to the next gas station with only about 15 gallons left in the tank. That is MUCH closer than I want to get to out!

6. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

First off if you would have read the entire brochure you would have found that the discounts come the year after you get the card. They send you a check. But since you got dropped on the card it dont get to ya now. Also any card will usually only start you with 250 dollar limit. And you need to use it once pay the first bill off than call them to increase the limit. Yes I know in most our cases 250 does not fill the tank. I have three cards plus my bank card. Between them all I can get from point a to point b and pay it all when the bills come in.