Delete Post

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Lucille Moulton, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

I would like to delete all my post. I try help, I try edit.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I think only the webmaster could do this for you.

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Lucille,

I find your posts charming. Please continue to make comments.

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 23 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]9208[/snapback]

I would like to delete all my post. I try help, I try edit.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

If you go to each of your posts, click on edit, highlight the text, hit the delete key on your keyboard and then type in the word deleted or some other meaningless word or even just a single letter. It might even work if you leave it blank. Then, click on submit modified post. It may take some time since you have to do each post you want deleted individually, but it will work.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks Cheryl. I had no idea you could edit a message after it was posted. You taught me something today. And it does work because I just tried it and was sucessful.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome.

7. jandhevans

jandhevans
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Nov 24 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]9218[/snapback]

If you go to each of your posts, click on edit, highlight the text, hit the delete key on your keyboard and then type in the word deleted or some other meaningless word or even just a single letter. It might even work if you leave it blank. Then, click on submit modified post. It may take some time since you have to do each post you want deleted individually, but it will work.

Where can i find the edit button??

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

You have to FIND each and every one of your posts. The "Edit" button will only show on YOUR posts. YOu could try "search" near the top of the page, and enter your screen name and see if that gets you all your posts. I'm not sure if there is a "search users posts" on here.

EDIT: I couldn't find a "search users posts" on here. I just tried a "search" on my screen name, it got a bunch of posts, but it got some that did not have my screen name, so that will not work.

JJ

9. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

And they never would have seen the edit button until after that post, because it is their ONLY post :D

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Mar 16 2009, 10:36 AM) [snapback]15515[/snapback]

You have to FIND each and every one of your posts. The "Edit" button will only show on YOUR posts. YOu could try "search" near the top of the page, and enter your screen name and see if that gets you all your posts. I'm not sure if there is a "search users posts" on here.

EDIT: I couldn't find a "search users posts" on here. I just tried a "search" on my screen name, it got a bunch of posts, but it got some that did not have my screen name, so that will not work.

JJ

10. jandhevans

jandhevans
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Mar 16 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]15517[/snapback]

And they never would have seen the edit button until after that post, because it is their ONLY post :D

I have posted 4 reviews. How many do I have to post before I will see an edit button? I only want to delete one of them.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

You can't delete your reviews, only your posts on the forum. A moderator may be able to delete your review if you tell them which one and why.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I think you are confusing posts on this forum and reviews of RV parks. They are two different things. You can edit your posts, but once your review is posted that's it. You cannot change it. When you posted your first question, this thread had been talking about editing posts not reviews. Sorry about the confusion.

And to answer Cheryl's question about moderators being able to delete reviews. I think that is something only the webmaster can do.

13. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jandhevans @ Mar 16 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]15518[/snapback]

I have posted 4 reviews. How many do I have to post before I will see an edit button? I only want to delete one of them.

You can't edit a review. They are talking about the posts here in the forum. You now have two posts (total is listed under your catwoman picture). If you look at your posts, you will see an edit button under them (next to the quote and reply buttons). If you look at anybody else's posts, you will only see the quote and reply buttons.

Hope that helps.

And we're all posting at the same time :D

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Mar 16 2009, 06:54 PM) [snapback]15521[/snapback]

And we're all posting at the same time :D

Yeah, but at least we're on it.

15. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jandhevans @ Mar 16 2009, 03:01 PM) [snapback]15518[/snapback]

At the bottom of the home page of RV Park Reviews, try using the "Contact Us" link. Describe in detail which post you are talking about - campground name (exactly) and state it is in, date of review, any other info to make it as easy as possible to find the review you are talking about, and be polite in your request. I don't think there is any gaurantee someone can change your review, and / or it may take a long time for them to get to it. There are a LOT of reviews on this site!