Deleting Reviews

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by lviars50, Jun 1, 2004.

1. lviars50

lviars50
    Expand Collapse

Are some reviews deleted after a period of time?I have posted reviews on some of the parks i have visited that seems to have disappeared?
    Lois :unsure:

2. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Lois,
    In the interest of server space we have deleted some reviews when there are too many for a particular campground. The only ones we delete are the older ones that would be over two years old. Also if we suspect or know that reviews were posted by a campground owner (we have caught some) we removed those also.
    Webmaster

3. lviars50

lviars50
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jun 1 2004, 09:32 AM)
    Lois,
    In the interest of server space we have deleted some reviews when there are too many for a particular campground. The only ones we delete are the older ones that would be over two years old. Also if we suspect or know that reviews were posted by a campground owner (we have caught some) we removed those also.
    Webmaster

Ok thank you guess i need to start keeping a journal of my own i did not realize some of the posts was going to be deleted i really do not wont to revisit some of the parks i posted about, and i know that i will forget because we do travel a lot, after awhile you wonder have i been here before?HA HA HA Plus i have senior moments :blink: None of my post could have been over 2 years old havent been a member that long

Thanks Lois

4. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Lois,
    If you actually saw them on the website, then they would still be there. If you submitted them and they never got to the website is because we are not posting reviews that come in WRONG! Folks need to read and adhere to the "NOTICE" that is posted. We get so many that are partially filled out. Most often it is the "part of a campground name" or "everything in lower case" or "everything in capitals"! All this has to be changed by hand - soooooooooo guess what - they get deleted (much faster!) :(
    Webmaster

5. lviars50

lviars50
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jun 1 2004, 07:04 PM)
    Lois,
    If you actually saw them on the website, then they would still be there. If you submitted them and they never got to the website is because we are not posting reviews that come in WRONG! Folks need to read and adhere to the "NOTICE" that is posted. We get so many that are partially filled out. Most often it is the "part of a campground name" or "everything in lower case" or "everything in capitals"! All this has to be changed by hand - soooooooooo guess what - they get deleted (much faster!) :(
    Webmaster

:unsure: Well i dont know what happened they was on the web and disappeared :unsure: like i say i just dont know
    Lois

6. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Mr./Ms. Webmaster:

I would hope that you would reconsider dropping reviews after a couple of years in the interest of web space. One of the things that makes this site so valuable is the history over a period of years. Also, some campgrounds only get reviews every year or two, and reviews that are three or four years old are better than no reviews or just one or two reviews. The site is great but dropping reviews makes it less helpful in my opinion. Since the site is free, I don't guess my opinion is worth much, but it is just a suggestion. Thank you again for your continued efforts on behalf of your fellow RV'ers.

7. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Let us clarify what we mean. ONLY those campgrounds with many, many reviews are the ones that are deleted. So far only 1998 and 1999 reviews have been deleted from those campgrounds. If a park only had one review from 1999, it is still there, as there has to be a review to have the park listed. If that park only has five reviews then they would all still be there. At some point these reviews have to be deleted as all reviews are entered by hand and it takes a lot of time to get to the insertion point in the software as the website grows and grows!
    Webmaster

8. Chis

Chis
    Expand Collapse

I have posted to park reviews several times over the last 2 years and 80% of these reviews have been dropped. Some of the parks I reviewed did not have a lot of reviews so I felt it important to mention them. In one case, a campground I wrote about twice, '04 & '05, is no longer listed, nor is the town. Also, 2 RV parks I posted after an October '05 trip were dropped, obviously these are recent reviews so should not have been dropped. All reviews written on our March/April '06 trip are currently posted.

9. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

No reviews that have been actually been posted on the website have been deleted in 2005 or 2006. If the reviews never appeared on the website was because they were submitted incorrectly. We receive reviews all the time that have the wrong state listed or the wrong city listed, sometimes we correct them (so you may want to look under the correct city) other times we just delete them, but that is before they ever get posted on the website. Also sometimes reviews will get posted under a city that is wrong and we don't discover it until later and then move those reviews to the correct city and delete the city that was wrong as now there may be no reviews left for that incorrect city.

10. Chis

Chis
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to let you know that the reviews were posted at one time because I reviewed them at a later date. Maybe the '04 posts were deleted because I was using another screen name, I couldn't remember the screen name in '05 so acquired a new one. I'll try again and post reviews for those that were deleted, especially the one in Orleans, California.

11. Homer

Homer
    Expand Collapse

I can attest the Webmaster does not indescriminately delete reviews if they are the only review, or just one of a few, no matter how old. I have a park in this system I reviewed in 2000, it still stands today as the only review on that park.

12. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Homer. This is one of the highest ethical sites on the web. I had a problem with posting. The webmaster worked hard to find the problem. It was on his end and he admitted the issue and solved it promptly.

I have posts that are over 4 years old and still listed.

He really does need to delete posts that are not relevant since there are newer posts for that campground. We are looking for comments and trens. I do NOT post about a campground if the current comments reflect my opinion.

Keep up the good work. We will keep talking about this fine site when we make presentations regarding using the web to plan our rv travels.

13. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

This site is the best available to the Rving public, that I personally know of, and I was having a problem posting campground reviews in the beginning. I asked the "webmaster" to see if I was doing something wrong, an adjustment was made and information given . All seems "A" okay now. Just like to take this opportunity to state to the "Webmaster" and those responsible for this site, "thank you" for providing a "first class" website. Your time, and efforts are surely appreciated. In short, a job well done.

14. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to add my "Thanks" for providing this website and forum! I really appreciate hearing the little details that aren't in the books. I check both before making any reservations and I tend to give this site a little more weight when deciding where to go. Campgrounds do change over the years - some for the better and some for the worse - keep up the good work!

Barb