"Does Ya Thunk?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Sep 22, 2023.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Just for giggles I've been kinda-sorta keeping track of the reviews over on the flip side and have noticed that the number of them been posted by RVers in our great state of Californica (spelled as it should be:p) have dropped off by a noticeable margin over the past summer months. One has to ponder and wonder if it might be due to the insane price of gas and diesel that we have been saddled with of late...:rolleyes: I just gassed up me old pickemup truck the other day and paid $5.69/gallon...:eek: Can anybody in the continental 48 top that? I don't thunk so. But if you can then I will feel much mo betta knowing there is another state out there more insane than mine,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

BankShot..........(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I do believe California tops the list of insanities.

#2 Paythebill, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    weighit likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I believe Hawaii is in current second place but there are a couple of other states slowly creeping up from behind. I did spot a Shell station in Auburn yesterday that was proudly displaying their "sooper-dooper" regular at $6.19/gallon but that was the cash price, they normally charge another 15 to 20 cents to use a CC.....:eek:

BankShot.....(aka Terry)

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Terry

Here in CT were averaging around $3.85 per gallon. Yikes, thats about $140 CT vs $225 CA to fill up my truck. You got to wonder at some point this is going to slow down long distance travel for some of the Rvers/campers

Mike

6. denny2

denny2
    Expand Collapse

I've heard some crazy prices around the country, but $5.69/gallon is definitely up there. It's like a wild race to see who can top the charts in the gas-price madness.

Paythebill likes this.