Dog Poop

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by astreamer, Dec 29, 2012.

1. astreamer

astreamer
    Expand Collapse

This is for all the dog owners out there who allow there dogs to defecate on their sites and not clean it up. Twice in the last two days I have stayed at "clean, highly rated parks" and had my electrical and water hose fouled with dog sh** while trying to get set up. This is not the fault of the park managers, but dog owners. Please take some personal responsibility!

2. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I feel your pain. A friend of mine bought some of these. http://www.gemplers.com/shop/marking-flags Put them out at a campground he was staying at around the dog poop. It got the attention of everyone walking by. No more dog poop after that. :D

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Great Idea. Too bad they don't say something like: "My owner is clueless."
    :lol:
    In our travels it is usually the kid's job to walk the dog, and kids just don't pick up.
    Now teenage boys may pick up, but watch out where they put it...!
    ;)

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 30 2012, 07:24 PM) [snapback]32313[/snapback]

In our travels it is usually the kid's job to walk the dog, and kids just don't pick up.

I've seen that too, I know of at least one campground that has a policy of "adults only" for walking dogs. Wish more would adopt this...

Mike

5. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Dec 30 2012, 09:25 PM) [snapback]32314[/snapback]

I've seen that too, I know of at least one campground that has a policy of "adults only" for walking dogs. Wish more would adopt this...

Mike

Some Adults are no better. I had a women that they had three dogs in a Class A let her dog crap with in a few feet of my steps. And just went on down the road. I caught her and told her I did`t or let my wife crap in front of her site so I would like for her and her dogs not to do the same at ours. She said O I was going to pick it up but had to go find something to pick it up with.Ye right she was going to pick it up. And these were not small dogs.

6. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Years ago when I lived in Aspen Colorado lots of people had dogs. In the spring when the snow melted there would be LOTS and LOTS of cigarette butts and dog poop on the ground. This was in the 80s when lots of people still smoked especially the tourists. When the snow melted and the resulting mess showed up the letters to the editor of the Aspen Times was full of complaints about the cigarette butts but nary a word about the dog poop. I always wondered about that. I would prefer to step on a wet cigarette butt than wet dog poop.

7. Gayle E.

Gayle E.
    Expand Collapse

We live across the street from a lake that has a sidewalk. It is heavily used at all times of the day. The city even has signs about cleaning up dog waste and supplies bags. We are always amazed at how many people don't pick up after their dog. Some of them even leave it on the sidewalk. The grass is bad enough, but the sidewalk?? Rude, rude, rude!! :angry:

8. Traveling man

Traveling man
    Expand Collapse

I agree. That's not the type of gift that neighbors want to receive. I do appreciate the campers who promptly take care of this. I stay at public campgrounds as well as RV Parks. Some have lots of area to walk dogs. What I don't understand is how you can be camped hundreds of yards from the nearest RV in an area with lots of open space in all directions yet hear someone talking very early in the morning, look out your window, and see & hear a woman loudly talking to her dog while she is stopped to give the dog the opportunity to relieve itself on your vehicle tire.