DOOR COUNTY

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CHUCK GRAFTON, Mar 27, 2003.

1. CHUCK GRAFTON

CHUCK GRAFTON
    Expand Collapse

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT CAMPGROUNDS IN DOOR COUNTY?

2. campfire gal

campfire gal
    Expand Collapse

In 98 we stayed at a cg called path of pines in fish creek. It is a quiet cg and low key but the bathrooms were clean and the owners very nice. We found it to be a good location for touring and day trips (we spent 5 days). You can bike to Peninsula State Park (which is also nice for camping) they have bike trails, and into town. PSP also has programs and entertainment throughout the summer. Check out the bats. We would definately go back! Hope this helps.

3. dee

dee
    Expand Collapse

Campfire Gal, what do you mean by "check out the bats?" We plan on going to door county this summer but bats terrify me!

4. beastdriver

beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Okay, guys, I give up. Where is Door County????????

5. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

6. timberpro

timberpro
    Expand Collapse

http://www.doorcountycampgrounds.com/ Here is a link to door county campgrounds. We vacation in door county a few time each year. We have younger children and I would recommend the Yogi Bear in Sturgeon Bay. My brother's family has stayed at Frontier Wilderness campground and liked it allot. There is a couple state parks in door county also if your into more rustic camping. Most of them fill up very fast and you would need to plan far in advance.

7. Janjanjan68

Janjanjan68
    Expand Collapse

Penninsula is an excellent campground with a lot of activities in the park itself and the immediate vicinity. We prefer rustic campgrounds, and this one has all the best features of a good state park. They do fill fast, though, but as I recall, Wisconsin does allow reservations.

Door county is a midwest version of Cape Cod--it's on a penninsula jutting into Lake Michigan. Not on the Atlantic, but on Lake Michigan which can be just as wooly. Same maritime type environment, activities, somewhat similar ambience. Of course, I've heard the same about Mendocino, CA, and I didn't see the similarity there at all. This is very much a family type destination.