Downtown Nashville, Tn

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Julee, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Julee

Julee
    Expand Collapse

My husband and another couple are wanting to spend a long weekend in Nashville and hang out downtown listening to music. Does anyone have suggestions on a campground with full hook-up (sewer included) close enough to downtown for a moderately priced cab ride? We will be there in November, so we are not that concerned with hanging around outside and spending much time at the camper. Just need a clean, safe place to stay close to downtown. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Julee,

Look under Nashville (this site) and you will see three campgrounds two miles from Grand Ole Opry. You have a KOA, Two Rivers Campground, and Jellystone park side by side on same road. We like the Two Rivers best. Parks are less than eight miles to downtown. I remember vans service to move people around as well, cost less. You have everything you need in walking distance from parks, lots of places to eat, shopping, and Opry house. Two Rivers will set up tickets and transport to and from Opry house on Friday and Saturday nights. What more could you ask for? Parks are full service with all hookups.

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I agree with John Blue. Any of the CGs along the access road near Opry Land are good for the reasons he mentioned. Camping World is also along that road if you're interested. If you are there to do the music listen thing, I'd suggest the Grand Ole Opry. That is unless you are not into country.

4. Julee

Julee
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the suggestions!