East Coast Campgrounds Fun For Teenagers

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by roanokecampers, Mar 28, 2006.

1. roanokecampers

roanokecampers
    Expand Collapse

We have three children, ages 12-14 and are trying to plan a summer vacation on the east coast that would be fun for our children. They like waterslides, lazy rivers, putt putt. We want our older children to continue to love camping. Any suggestions?

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

HI Iam not sure where your looking for on the east coast but have you tried looking thru the reveiws ? You can find some of the campgrounds available that way or heres one in Rhode Island that seems to have what your looking for
    http://www.wawaloam.com/

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

heres another site that i use to find campgrounds in the states all you have to do is click on the state and you'll see what is offered thru the site. I hope this helps have a safe and happy camping season

http://www.rv-clubs.us/rv_campgrounds.html

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

As a mention of which area of the east coast was not posted, many areas come to mind. One is "Lake George" in New York state, which has numerous campgrounds and many activities for youngsters, but maybe on the expensive side. Another that comes to mind is "Old Orchard Beach" in the state of Maine, has many attractions for young and old. This area can be very populated in July & August, and reservations are a must and should be made early in the season. Need to be more specific as to which part of the east coast you have in mind. Safe travels.

5. roanokecampers

roanokecampers
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much for your suggestions, but thanks more for your patience. This is the first time I have ever asked a question on a forum before. We live in Roanoke, Virginia so we could go either north or south. My daughter happens to be attending a soccer camp in the Lake George area in August so I will definitely check out the suggestions. Again, thanks for the help.

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum.

As we live less than forty minutes from Lake George, NY, the two campgrounds we use are: Lake George RV Park, south of Lake George Village proper, and Lake George Escape at Warrensburg. Warrensburg is located north of Lake George Village by about ten to fifteen minutes, and is just off of interstate 87. Lake George Rv Park is also off I-87, and is located off route 9 (north), on route 149. There are a few more campgrounds in the area, but their sites are to close together--no privacy. Hope this information is of some help, enjoy your stay, and safe travels.

7. roanokecampers

roanokecampers
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Butch. What about Ledgeview at Lake George? The kids will be a the soccer camp so it will be just my husband and myself. I heard their sites were not as tight.

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Roanokecampers,

Sorry to say we have not stayed at Ledgeview, and know little about it, but do know that they do not allow pets. As we travel with our four legged kid, we had to look elsewhere. I will check with our chapters membership for any info that they may have on Ledgeview, and when it was mentioned in the past, I do not remember any negative remarks from anyone, except no pets.

9. ctreichel

ctreichel
    Expand Collapse

We suggest Myrtle Beach. There are LOTS of family things to do there, it is mini golf capital, lots of water parks, theme parks, aquarium, great shopping, adult entertainment like House of Blues, dinner shows where they serve you while watching horses, etc run around. There are more than one campground right on the beach, Pirateland comes to mind, they have a lazy river right there at the camp, Oceanlakes CG is next door. There is more to do than you can fit into a couple of weeks. I think you would be very happy going there, lots to do while keeping the camping experience.