End Of Trip. Sigh.....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Luvtheroad, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Just got home today from a 4-month trip (our first). At times, I feel like we were only gone 4 days and other times, it seems like 4 years. It's nice to be home, but I miss the excitement already. I'll keep busy for a few days organizing pictures, etc., and I'm already looking at places for next year (hope for 6 months on the road this time) but I know the "let-down" is going to hit. What do you experienced folks do to make the transition?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Start planning immediately for the next trip!!!! (even if it is next year.)

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

What you need to do is full time and then plan those trips home for special occasions. We have full timed for years and love it! :D

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We take a 3 month trip every summer and then do a lot of short (week or so) trips during the rest of the year. Sometimes even a long weekend. This works really well. Remember it is that first mile that gets you into the mood.

5. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Oct 15 2010, 11:13 PM) [snapback]24608[/snapback]

Just got home today from a 4-month trip (our first). At times, I feel like we were only gone 4 days and other times, it seems like 4 years.

Our longest has been a 4 day weekend. I'm hoping to be able to do a 2 week trip next summer. I won't be able to do a 4 monther for at least another 22 years or so! I feel similarly when I get home from a weekend trip though. Usually on Sunday Night we're on-line researching the next trip. Been out 3 of the last 4 weekends. Headed out again Friday!

6. EMDQueen

EMDQueen
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you are a full timing soul!!!!! Give in to the "fun" side!!!