Family Campgrounds In Oc,maryland

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rella, Jul 3, 2006.

1. rella

rella
    Expand Collapse

Could anyone give me any information on any family friendly campgrounds in Ocean City Maryland. I have read reviews on the Frontier family campground not to sure about this one. We will be in a tent. We have 2 children ages 8 and 9.

2. michnodes

michnodes
    Expand Collapse

The State parks are always nice but they book up fast, as does Frontier Town and Fort Whaley. Plus, if you want ammenities like a pool, etc. for the kids, the state parks do not have them except for Shad Landing, but you pay for it.
    I am staying at Eagle's Nest Campground the first week of August. I've read the reviews and I am hoping it is not that bad. They are supposed to be under new management, so hopefully they got their act together.
    Unfortunately for us tenters, there are not too many options for campgrounds. Most of the campgrounds in and near OC are for RVs.

3. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

i have stayed at frontiertown a number of times, not in a tent. my sister-in-law has come down for the last 4 years and stays in a tent. her and her family love it.

the tent sites are in a few locations. some with w/e, some with nothing. you have to walk a bit to get water. they are mostly all in the shade and are fairly cool in the hot weather. on the down side the bath houses are a little far away from a lot of the tent areas

if you read the reviews, you know there are alot of things to do for the kids. water park, crabing, swimming pool, fishing, and a nice marina. they have a game and craft area, that is supervised. they also have golf carts for rent to make it easier to get around. it is a big campround.

my father-in-law stays at the eagles nest. he seems to like it. they have bay front sites and a crabing pier also. you can swim in the bay or pool. at low tide there is a sand bar that you can walk to from the beach and search for clams.

i have driven thru a few time, but never stayed there.

we also stayed on assateague is., in the national park. won't do it again. no water, electric, no sewers and in the hot sun. 92 degrees at nite and no breeze. a 5th wheel trailer is not really built for a lot of ventalation. and the flys and othe biting creatures where outrageous. i put more off on the poor dog than i did myself.

on the good side. it is a short walk to the ocean. the beach is good sized and the water wasn't ruff at all. we all enjoyed that including my black lab. watch out for the ponies. they are allowed to run wild. they will walk right into your campsite, eat your food then leave. it is funny to watch some that doesn't know enough to put things away. they won't hurt you if you leave them alone, they are wild.

we take day trip to the is. bring a camera. there are numberous amounts of wild life there besides the horses. small deer, big deer, differant water fowl, and they don't really care if you take their pictures.

hope helped. i know i got a little carried, but there is alot going on down there. enjoy your vacations. i just got back sunday.