Family Friendly Campgrounds In Al/ga

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MelB, Nov 17, 2008.

1. MelB

MelB
    Expand Collapse

New to camping, looking for family friendly campgrounds in AL or GA for Christmas holidays. Would like to find one with planned children's activities. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Mel

2. kjh

kjh
    Expand Collapse

Hi, We live 30 minutes from FDR State Park in Pine Mountain, Georgia. This is definitely a very family friendly State Park, and one our favorites! Even though it is close to home, we enjoy going every chance we get. Callaway Gardens in 10 minutes from the park, and during the Christmas season they have a huge light display called "Fantasy In Lights". I urge you to visit their website and take look. We go as a family( 3 grown children and 2 grandsons) each year and ride the trolley through the gardens to take in the lights. There is a lot to see and do there not only with the lights but the gardens itself. FDR is also about 25 miles from Columbus, Georgia.

3. MelB

MelB
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MelB @ Nov 17 2008, 03:28 PM) [snapback]13978[/snapback]

New to camping, looking for family friendly campgrounds in AL or GA for Christmas holidays. Would like to find one with planned children's activities. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Mel

Thank you so much for replying!!! My sister used to live in Pine Mountain, and I had forgotten how beautiful Callaway is @ Christmas!