Feeling secure around the border?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cindy_912, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Cindy_912

Cindy_912
    Expand Collapse

Hello fellow campers! We're heading to coastal TX then over to some hill country state parks in Feb. We'll make our way over to Tucson (state parks) and then San Elijo state park in southern CA early April. I'm wondering what I might expect with all the traffic coming across the US border. Is anyone camping around these areas now? Are you feeling safe? Any thoughts?

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. We haven't traveled to SoCal in a while, or for that matter any other near the border areas, but IMHO traveling in or about areas near the southern border is a tad on the "risky" side simply due to vast amount of "illegals" pouring into the country with a percentage of them "up to no good". Organ Pipe State Campground right near the southern Arizona border has been trashed by illegals camping there, as have several other areas in the states our border runs thru. If you do choose to travel in these areas my advice would be to definitely not camp alone or get into any situation where these migrants/illegals are seen in groups, etc. You just never know which ones can or will try to rob you, or worse yet, harm you. Whichever routes you do take be alert during these troubled times we are facing and use good old common sense as to where you spend your nights. Safe travels and be sure to post reviews of where you do stay on the home page of this site.....

Regards, BankShot ......(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Paythebill likes this.
  3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

First of the year we will be in Yuma for 2 months then moving to Tucson for a month. Both of these areas are kind of hot beds of activity. If we feel threatened, unsafe, harrassed or just have that feeling, we are out of there. Life it too short to tollerate that in our lives. In the past we have been in areas that were known as hot areas, but never saw anything that worried us. Keep your eyes and ears open and if your unsure, leave. But odds are you will have a nice enjoyable time. That is what we are expecting on our visit.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Cindy_912

Cindy_912
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the info Terry. We've got plenty of good old common sense and will be aware and alert. Best to you.

5. Cindy_912

Cindy_912
    Expand Collapse

We'll keep our eyes and ears open as suggested. I also like that you are "expecting" a nice enjoyable time. Me too. Let me know how Yuma works out for you all. Best regards!