Finally Our Trip

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Florida Native, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

The target date for our “Trip of a Lifetime version 2009” was May 1st. Our daughter has had two recent neck surgeries and has been in a severe neck brace since Feb. Well she has been out for 2 weeks and her MRI looked good, so it appears we will be leaving Florida in a few days. Our sort of planned route is leaving Florida up thru KY, OH, IN, MI, WI, MN, ND, MT, SD, IA, IL, and down the Mississippi back to Florida (or maybe some leaf peeping in the Smokies if the timing is right.). This will complete the lower 48 for us. We are thinking it will take us about 3 months and will have to watch out for the snow and cold towards the end. I can wait to see Ronald Regan up on Mount Rushmore. I can truthfully say, we have never been so prepared before. The week by week delays did that. I have the coach so shiny that it is a hazard to navigation on the road. Following our normal routine, we have not even planned the first night’s stop. Nancy will plan the trip as the scene changes out of her half of the windshield and give me my driving directions.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Have fun, be safe, and keep us informed.

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 21 2009, 11:30 AM) [snapback]17643[/snapback]

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Have fun, be safe, and keep us informed.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, due to some high liver enzymes, my wife is going to have to have some ultrasound and blood tests and an AUgust 4 appointment with her Doctor. This trp is once again postponed. This is getting very discouraging.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

So sorry to hear that. Hope all turns out well and you can get on the road.

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Yhank you. We are hoping it is nothing, but I am thinking about changing our route to go West first and them come back East with my norhtern direction depending on the snow. I am thinking if I get out of Wisc before the end of October, it would be snow free.

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Lindsay,

I hope all will be well with your wife! Let us know when you are in the wets--perhaps we can have a WIFI shoot out somewhere? LOL!

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jul 22 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]17675[/snapback]

Yhank you. We are hoping it is nothing, but I am thinking about changing our route to go West first and them come back East with my norhtern direction depending on the snow. I am thinking if I get out of Wisc before the end of October, it would be snow free.