Flagstaff Or Prescott Rv Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by scooterskateboard, May 30, 2008.

1. scooterskateboard

scooterskateboard
    Expand Collapse

we plan to go there for a summer vacation for a few weeks, anyone recommend a good and reasonable price around $30 a night for a full hook up 30A in the area of flagstaff, or prescott az?
    thanks

2. Murfdogg87

Murfdogg87
    Expand Collapse

I have not stayed in an RV park in Flagstaff but I have stayed at Point of Rocks RV Park in Prescott on two occasions. Both times were in August, 2006 and 2007. The park was quite acceptable to us. We also prefer Prescott to Flagstaff. I suggest that you check the reviews and amenities to be sure it will be right for you. Bon voyage!

3. Howard Dym

Howard Dym
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(scooterskateboard @ May 30 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]11626[/snapback]

we plan to go there for a summer vacation for a few weeks, anyone recommend a good and reasonable price around $30 a night for a full hook up 30A in the area of flagstaff, or prescott az?
    thanks

Kit Carson RV Park in Flagstaff

We knew we wanted to escape the heat this summer and thought what better place than in the cool Ponderosa Pines of Flagstaff, Arizona. One of my brothers lived in the area for awhile and loved it. Some very good friends of the family had stayed at Kit Carson RV Park and had very nice things to say about it. Our reservations were made during winter for a June through August stay.

We're now three weeks into our stay and have not had a single positive experience with the park. Hang onto your RV's steering wheel, here's where it starts to get ugly.

After pulling into the site and setting-up we were shocked, no pun intended, to discover that the site only has 30 amp electrical service. When making the reservation we specifically requested a 50 amp site. On check-in day we once again received assurance that the site has 50 amp electrical service. When we confronted the Manager, Pat, about the discrepancy she replied, "I'm legally blind, I made a mistake." Pat, and her sidekick Diane, proceeded to get nasty with us when we expressed our frustration with the situation. We agreed to try the site and see if it would work-out, if not, they would refund our money.
    Our mail (like most full-time RVers) follows us from our home state to wherever we happen to be. Everyday for 8 days we checked with Pat to see if she had made a mail key for us. On the ninth day the heavens moved her to get the job done. Each day we checked with Pat we received a new sarcastic, nasty excuse.
    The bulk of our mail arrives by Fedex on Tuesdays. Tuesday, June 17, 2008 we arrived at the office to collect our mail only to discover the office was closed while Diane took Pat to a doctor appointment. We continued to check back throughout the day until 5:00 - the office never opened. We were unable to retrieve our mail until Wednesday morning. Instead of an apology from Pat and Diane we received a snide remark. Later in the day after checking the Fedex website I found that our mail had been left outside the door of the office which sits on Route 66.
    Dumping waste tanks is one of the not so pleasurable but necessary evils of a life in an RV. Friday, June 20, 2008 early in the evening our "black" tank was full; it was time to do the deed. Immediately I knew we had a problem. Waste water, raw sewage, was leaking from around the hose that coupled to the parks sewage system. The situation grew worse very quickly - I won't gross you out with further details. I flagged down my parents and asked them to help. My mother found our family friend who tried to find staff from the park to help - no luck. We got the situation under control as best we could and I placed an urgent phone call to the office. I left a voice mail explaining the situation but was disappointed that there was no "in case of emergency" contact information offered. Eventually the Manager's home was found and she said she would alert the caretaker. We didn't hear from anyone Friday evening. When the office opened Saturday morning my parents were there to discuss the situation with Pat. She informed them that the situation would not be corrected until Monday when the plumber would be out. They asked about getting someone out over the weekend but Pat told them that wasn't going to happen. My Father told Pat that he was sure the Health Department would have something to say about that. Pat replied, "Do what you have to do." It's Sunday morning as I write this - we're still leaking raw sewage.
    Rules of the park are unenforced. Pat's "management style" is neglect. Several of the park models have tarps erected at various places that make the place look like a refugee tent city. There is no enforcement of site decoration rules. Loud dogs are commonplace. Many sites have more than two dogs (the limit imposed in the rules). Gatherings at campsites are very large and inconsiderate of the noise they create for neighbors.
    Kit Carson RV Park offers a beautiful setting in the Ponderosa Pines of Flagstaff, Arizona. It also offers the most unfriendly, uncaring, rude, ineffective, and inefficient management I've ever encountered in any business.

4. dndeast

dndeast
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(scooterskateboard @ May 30 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]11626[/snapback]

thanks

We have camped at a park called Woody Mountain on the west side of Flagstaff.It is a nice little park in the pines. You will hear a train or 2 here but it did not bother us. We camped there last year in July.Nice cool weather there and I think it was around $30.

5. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Love Flagstaff in the summer. Prescott is great too, but Flagstaff is much cooler.

Standard KOA off of 89. No frills, but decent. If you've got much more than a 35'er you might pass on it.