Florida Grande Motorcoach Resort - Webster, Fl

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CanAmFam, Aug 17, 2010.

1. CanAmFam

CanAmFam
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for a spot for my parents to stay for about 2 months this winter to get out of the northern cold. This park has sparked their interest for amenities, price, etc. They would prefer an RV Park to a campground. I noticed while searching the web that they were bankrupt in 2007 and when we corresponded with their office, they do not accept credit cards and would like a sizeable deposit.

Do any of you know anything about this park?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    We do not know a lot about Florida and could use everyone's insight.

They also looked at Silver Palms in Okeechobee.

#2: If you have any other parks or locations in Florida that you would suggest, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum CanAmFam!

Give us a bit of background so our Florida 'experts' B) can better respond.

Are your folks currently RV'ers or new to this adventure? What kind of rig will they be driving, living in? Are they golfers, fishermen, hikers, bikers, boaters, birdwatchers? Are they looking for activities and lots of good company, or do they prefer more solitude? Will they have pets? Ah...do they need robust Wi-Fi ???

(If I knew more about Florida Grande Motorcoach Resort, or Silver Palms, I would probably have most of those answers...right?) Cheers!

3. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CanAmFam @ Aug 17 2010, 02:21 PM) [snapback]23585[/snapback]

I am looking for a spot for my parents to stay for about 2 months this winter to get out of the northern cold. This park has sparked their interest for amenities, price, etc. They would prefer an RV Park to a campground. I noticed while searching the web that they were bankrupt in 2007 and when we corresponded with their office, they do not accept credit cards and would like a sizeable deposit.

Do any of you know anything about this park?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    We do not know a lot about Florida and could use everyone's insight.

They also looked at Silver Palms in Okeechobee.

#2: If you have any other parks or locations in Florida that you would suggest, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

4. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

Florida Grande did go bankrupt and have struggled a bit to regain their footing. Having said that there isn't bupkiss to do within 20 miles of there. Leesburg is the closest big town.

I might suggest a great resort near Ft Myers called Riverbend RV Resort in Labelle, Florida, might be a better choice. Restaurant on site, lots of activities, right on the river, excellent pool, spa, tennis courts, suffleboard, bocci ball, very friendly folks etc.

The other facility you suggest is also a bit remote.

There are tons of really nice resorts in Florida. The further south one goes the warmer and better they are. Naples has some nice ones as well (Pelican Point and the new Signature Resort) come to mind. Lovely area........... only downside is just a bit pricey. But very close to everything.

Nothing really against Florida Grande, but I believe there are several much better. I suspect you'll want to make reservations for two months well in advance. Most facilities will accept a check or credit card.

Good luck

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Did you read the review on Florida Grande Motorcoach Resort? We have been in lots of high dollar parks in FL Most are great but do have high cost. I could be wrong but I think the bankruptcy was back in 2007/2008 and that is history now. Park is selling lots and also has lots for rent. Call the park and ask.

6. Ree

Ree
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Aug 18 2010, 10:21 PM) [snapback]23615[/snapback]

Did you read the review on Florida Grande Motorcoach Resort? We have been in lots of high dollar parks in FL Most are great but do have high cost. I could be wrong but I think the bankruptcy was back in 2007/2008 and that is history now. Park is selling lots and also has lots for rent. Call the park and ask.

I stay at a beautiful rv resort in Sarasota, Fl. SUNNFUN! It is very close to Siesta Key Beach, which is GORGEOUS! They is plenty to do in Sarasota, but the resort itself has plenty to do. A gorgeous pool (olympic size) 2 hot tubs great resturant, bar and grill right next to the pool. You have all kind of classes you can take. I would check out their website because I couldn't write down all their amenities. www.sunnfunfl.com. You will not be disappointed.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I live less than an hour from there, but have never seen it. Webster is well known for it's huge flea market if your parents are into that type of thing. There are many day trips to Tampa, Orlando, and points North if they wish. Good Luck.

8. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Ree @ Sep 22 2010, 09:07 AM) [snapback]24205[/snapback]

I stay at a beautiful rv resort in Sarasota, Fl. SUNNFUN! It is very close to Siesta Key Beach, which is GORGEOUS! They is plenty to do in Sarasota, but the resort itself has plenty to do. A gorgeous pool (olympic size) 2 hot tubs great resturant, bar and grill right next to the pool. You have all kind of classes you can take. I would check out their website because I couldn't write down all their amenities. www.sunnfunfl.com. You will not be disappointed.

I have stayed at Sun-n-Fun and was not so impressed, but that's probably just me. The spaces are tight and it is a very "socialized"park, meaning that the long-termers run the show and the tempo's like us are just "tolerated." Since your folks will be long termers, they might like it very much. Tell them to bring along their golf cart--they have a golf cart parade at, IIRC, 1PM, and woe to you if you get in the way!

If your folks are less into socializing and like an higher-end setting, I can recommend Crystal Lake RV Resort in Naples.