Florida Gulf Camping

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by knpj, Jun 30, 2006.

1. knpj

knpj
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for info,pics,etc on apalachicola bay campground in Eastpoint. It is not in the new tl book and can't find a website. Love the gulf but camp with 2 dogs so also need dog friendly beaches which are hard to find in that area. I know they are allowed on St. George Island which is great. Carrabelle palms looks nice but packed in with no shade and not much to do there. Topsail is our favorite place but no good for our dogs. We are going in late Aug. so time is running out to make reservations somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

3. knpj

knpj
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(knpj @ Jun 30 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]4498[/snapback]

I am looking for info,pics,etc on apalachicola bay campground in Eastpoint. It is not in the new tl book and can't find a website. Love the gulf but camp with 2 dogs so also need dog friendly beaches which are hard to find in that area. I know they are allowed on St. George Island which is great. Carrabelle palms looks nice but packed in with no shade and not much to do there. Topsail is our favorite place but no good for our dogs. We are going in late Aug. so time is running out to make reservations somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

nope, been there, done that, it isn't listed. I am wondering if it is still in existance.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

If John Blue gets on, he may be able to help you. I think his home base is in FL. He seems to know the campgrounds there very well.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I would pick out a new place to go if I were you. Eastpoint is close to the end of the earth. As you said St. George Island SP is the only place around Eastpoint. Would you like to try any other place? East or West along the coast?

6. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at Ho- Hums at Carabelle a couple times. They are dog friendly and reasonably priced . You can check out the reveiws on this site.