Florida Vacation

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by WOOLFY, May 14, 2008.

1. WOOLFY

WOOLFY
    Expand Collapse

Hi All
    Were looking for CG in the Florida Panhandle area any suggestion would be helpful. A beach CG would be nice but not necessary but a CG that has some what large sites would be nice. Will be taking our dogs so it would nice so have a CG where we can walk them. Just looking for a CG to go to before winter sets in and before we put away our rig for the winter.

Woolfy

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

WOOLFY,

You have not received any hits yet on a good site from anyone. Did you check all the campgrounds on this web site. The panhandle is full of great places to go. Click on FL then look at all the sites. You will see all price ranges and other information.

3. WOOLFY

WOOLFY
    Expand Collapse

John Blue

Thanks John. New to site and posted message before doing research for CG in FL. I did take a look at some and found some very nice CG. I think this is the best place to do research for CG here. Thanks John.

Woolfy

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

WOOLFY,

Did you have a place in mind in the panhandle? Inland or on the coast? Tons of places, check into the state parks and COE parks as well. Places on water cost more and sites in the woods way less. We think FL has more RV parks than any other state. You could spend years in panhandle and not go to each campground. Remember great campgrounds up and down the Chattahoochee river on AL, FL, and GA line, sites on each side of river. We have traveled this river for years and not been to 10% of the parks yet.

Use this web link to help find the COE parks. Load in information on left side and pick a park.

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundSearch...dex=CampingSpot

5. bj41

bj41
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    Sunset King Campground in DeFuniak Springs, Fl. is very, very, nice.
    We have stayed there several times in the winter, they have a lake, boat rentals, clubhouse, pool and lots of activities, they recently added an outside movie. They also have a church in the campground. A couple of years ago they put in new showers and restrooms all in one and large cement pads.
    They are listed in Trailer Life, have a website and I am sure they are in Woodhalls. They are rated very good.
    They are reasonable in price.
    They are not on the coast, they are about 8 miles off of Route 10 or route 90. easy to get to.
    Hope this helps.
    BJ

6. daswpb

daswpb
    Expand Collapse

One of our favorite parks on the panhandle beach is Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, Florida. Sites are big and private with very nice bathroom facilities. It is a fairly new park and I believe it has 50 amp. You can walk to the white sandy beach from your campsite and the price is definitely right. Also you are within a couple of miles of crowded civilization with restaurants, grocery stores, etc., etc. The only drawback is no sewer, but of course there is a dump station.

7. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

we stayed at emeald beach rv park. it is right on the sound. beach area directly behind the park. not too far from pensicola. Very nice campground. concrete pads, and nice size sites. last year hurricane rita a couple of years age had done some damage in the area but campground wass very nice. Park is directly on santa rosa sound. We also stayed one night at the koa in this area on I-10. i wouldnt recommend it.

8. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

9. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

You might try the HoHum campground. It has been around forever and is a legend. It is a typical old Florida campground. It is a little dated, but they have lots of activities for the campers and it is close to the capital of the area which I can't spell, but it starts with an A and rimes with Cola. It is right on the water with a good fishing pier. Lots of good seafood places in the area.

10. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jun 28 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]12098[/snapback]

You might try the HoHum campground. It has been around forever and is a legend. It is a typical old Florida campground. It is a little dated, but they have lots of activities for the campers and it is close to the capital of the area which I can't spell, but it starts with an A and rimes with Cola. It is right on the water with a good fishing pier. Lots of good seafood places in the area.

I think you are thinking of Apalachacola (spelling?), but my understanding is that the "capital" of Florida is Tallahassee..... Unless by "capital" you meant "primary city in that part of Florida......"

The only reason I have even heard of Apalachacola is that I once had a co-worker who grew up there.

JJ