Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gr8tobus, Oct 3, 2004.

1. gr8tobus

gr8tobus
    Expand Collapse

Hi All
    Just new at this forum thing.
    Has anyone stayed at Ft. Myers R.V. Resort in Fla. Apparently it is near Tamiami Trail.
    There is also one on San Carlos, we know of this one. Any info would be much appreciated. We don't want to hear our neighbour coughing or whatever!!! Thanks J & B Ontario Canada

2. Sunflyer

Sunflyer
    Expand Collapse

I apologize for responding when I don't know of the particular campground, but thought since you are so far to the north, you might want to call the campground directly and find out what the damage from the hurricanes might be. The Ft. Myers area, in particular Punta Gorda had devastating damage from the 1st hurricane. So much of Florida has sustained major damage from the weather this season that it is prudent to call ahead and verify what's open and functioning and what isn't.

3. Homer

Homer
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: Sunflyers advice is sound advice. There will be a lot problems that wouldn't ordinarily present themselves this year. While Ft. Myers missed the brunt of the storm, there was wind damage over the general area. Finally, be prepared to have close quarters with any of the campgrounds in the South West Florida area. It's the nature of the beast. Especially Red Coconut on Ft Myers Beach, it is wall to wall. The one you specifically mentioned, I have only driven through it and it is about the same as all the parks or resorts, close and filled to capacity during Feb & March. ;)