Fox Den Campground In Cosby, Tn

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CDB, Aug 24, 2006.

1. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

Looking at a recent review for Fox Den and previously posted reviews, there seems to be some confusion about where this place is, or perhaps there is more than one Fox Den in the area.

Just as an FYI, we have seen a Fox Den campground on Wears Valley Pkwy (Route 321/73) roughly halfway between Pigeon Forge and Townsend. Never stayed there, just driven thru.

The office is right up at the highway and seems to be more of a convenience store. A narrow road on the side of the store goes back behind it, where back-in campsites are on are either side. This road loops around to exit on the opposite side of the store.

Campsites are really just hookups in a gravel lot, all jammed close together, and spaces are not very deep so parking a tow vehicle or toad for larger rig might be a problem. No picnic tables, fire rings, pool, and not even sure if there are restrooms available for guests.

On a recent trip to this area I noticed that the sites which backed up to each other in the center of the loop road looked like they were being merged into pull thrus.

While it would make for a dismal destination, I saw a listing in a campground directory for this Fox Den and the rate was super cheap. Although crampted, I have only seen a few RV's in there at any given time. If you were on a tight budget and just wanted a place to park with full hookups, this particular Fox Den might be a nice quiet spot.

Christopher