Frustrated Too?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by oldgold60, Sep 28, 2006.

1. oldgold60

oldgold60
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to make extended reservations for this winter in a nice "warm" RV park, but after spending countless hours on the web, I've come to the conclusion that most of the RV parks web sites are useless! Information is vague at best. Please, show me pictures of the camp sites, not pictures of of the main gate. Lot sizes would help me more than a picture of the pool or a picture of a dolphin in the Gulf of Mexico. Also, I don't choose to give you all of my personal information just to inquire about you're rates. They list "premium" or "deluxe" sites with nothing useable to differ from a "standard" site, other than price. It sure would be nice to know why you want an extra $100.00/ Mo. for these "wonderfully upgraded" sites.

This site is a great help and I agree with previous posts regarding a 1 thru 10 rating system for various facilities of each park, such as lot sizes and wifi.

I am not discouraged or want to sound negative, I'm just frustrated!

2. lmudd

lmudd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(oldgold60 @ Sep 28 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]5147[/snapback]

I'd like to make extended reservations for this winter in a nice "warm" RV park, but after spending countless hours on the web, I've come to the conclusion that most of the RV parks web sites are useless! Information is vague at best. Please, show me pictures of the camp sites, not pictures of of the main gate. Lot sizes would help me more than a picture of the pool or a picture of a dolphin in the Gulf of Mexico. Also, I don't choose to give you all of my personal information just to inquire about you're rates. They list "premium" or "deluxe" sites with nothing useable to differ from a "standard" site, other than price. It sure would be nice to know why you want an extra $100.00/ Mo. for these "wonderfully upgraded" sites.

This site is a great help and I agree with previous posts regarding a 1 thru 10 rating system for various facilities of each park, such as lot sizes and wifi.

3. technomad

technomad
    Expand Collapse

I totally understand your frustration. We were looking for places in AZ. I found looking at parks via Google Maps in the hybrid function is helpful. Depending on the area, you can see how big the sites are, how they're laid out, what's in the neighborhood, etc. I've noticed that very few parks take photos from the angle I want, which is looking directly into the site. Very annoying. Add onto this the fact that we are not 55+ (try finding a park in warm climates that are not 'adult communities') and it's been a frustrating time!

4. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

technomad,
    I agree that google earth or googlemaps hybrid are very good tools to find out about the area around a campground. I am always surprised how many campgrounds are rated as "very quiet" by different reviewers, and when I check them out they are within 300 yards of the interstate, often with nothing to get the noise level down like trees or mountains. Sometimes there are only open fields or open water.

5. seaturtletwo

seaturtletwo
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(oldgold60 @ Sep 28 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]5147[/snapback]